AIDS: The most distorted, duplicitous and cynical public health panics in 30 years!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 01:50 AM
AIDS: The most distorted, duplicitous and cynical public health panics in 30 years!!!

Brendan O'Neill: The Aids scare was a cynical public health scare | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
GREAT ARTICLE!!!
Finally someone is speaking the truth.
The left and the right are both equally guilty.
Shame on them.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Refugee

http://en.wikipedia.org/James_Chin

This takes 5 seconds...a little info on Dr. Chin.
Definately NOT a lightweight!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Finally someone is speaking the truth.
The left and the right are both equally guilty.
Shame on them.
And exactly what new revelation did we learn from this article?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:50 AM
AIDS among heterosexual youth is on the rise, as are other STD's, due to misinformation and ignorance.
It might not become an epidemic in the West, nevertheless the decline in attention the media is giving to the topic is unfortunate for the fight against the disease.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:50 AM
poor white western wealthy heterosexuals, being all scared by that.

thank goodness, as it was in the beginning, the right people are still getting AIDS.

phew!

and thank goodness that we can now go back to not caring. after all, it was only after it appeared that saintly white heterosexuals might be at risk that the general public extended to AIDS victims something other than scorn and blame for their diagnosis. it only took Ronald Reagan 6 years to even say the word out loud. and George Bush still doesn't talk about gay people. it seems that the reason why AIDS took such deadly root in such traditionally despised communities -- gays, IV drug users, prostitutes, Haitians, sub-Saharan Africans -- is because these groups weren't really worth worrying about any way to begin with! less homos! good for all of us! i guess AIDS really is a gay disease again, and as such, i foresee future funding to fall! yay!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
And exactly what new revelation did we learn from this article?

The left and right media have been lying to us for decades on AIDS. The "revelation" is that they have exagerated the threat of AIDS - this coming from a highly respected scientist and not a conspiracy nut that many of the people on FYM would dismiss.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The left and right media have been lying to us for decades on AIDS. The "revelation" is that they have exagerated the threat of AIDS - this coming from a highly respected scientist and not a conspiracy nut that many of the people on FYM would dismiss.
And where were the lies? Please show me. How has AIDS been exagerated? They didn't give any examples in the article, maybe you can.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It's hard for me to appreciate what this guy says when he doesn't even properly write out AIDS.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

if you've ever paid any attention to the science, it's quite clear that you'd know whether or not you were at risk for contracting HIV.

if you are a circumcised heterosexual male in the West and you have no other STDs (especially herpes or chanchroid) and don't sleep with prostitutes, and don't go to prison, it's virtually impossible for you to get HIV. sure, you can get nearly all other STDs, but you're good for HIV.

however, there are many heterosexual communities in the US that are heavily affected by HIV. it's not so much that broad swathes of society (in the West) contract HIV but that certain social networks become afflicted. so if you're an African-American male between the ages of 18-25 and you go to prison and get raped and get HIV, it's quite likely that you'll return to your smaller social network and possibly affect a higher percentage of that community than you would if you were an urban white person. this is why blacks and gays tend to have higher rates of all STDs, and HIV in particular. it's not that black and gays are necessarily more promiscuous, or less likely to use protection (in fact, gays are much more likely to use protection), but that both groups have vastly smaller social/sexual networks and the infection of one member of that community is likely to result in a much higher percentage of other members in that community being infected.

if you are white and heterosexual and not-poor, your social/sexual network is much larger and the prevalence of a disease like HIV is likely to be hugely diluted as much by the size of the pool as by the other physical barriers i mentioned earlier.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhail View Post
It's hard for me to appreciate what this guy says when he doesn't even properly write out AIDS.

Yeah, that was one of the first signs that this was a hack job with an agenda...
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 05:50 PM
ANYBODY CAN GET AIDS

It doesn't matter if you're circumsised or not, gay, straight, male, female, black, white or any shade inbetween. Even though the risk is smaller for some it's still a risk. If you're one of the unlucky YOU DIE. It may not be soon but you're quality of life will be severely diminished in the mean time.

hmm, it's not likely that I'll be struck by a car and killed so I'll just wander around with my eyes closed and take that risk.

when you've lost a family member to the disease maybe you'll think of the risk you're taking
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

MERGE >> http://forum.interference.com/f199/c...ht-186826.html
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Yeah, that was one of the first signs that this was a hack job with an agenda...
I knew it wouldn't take more than a couple of postings until someone would start talking like this. Some of you just amaze me
Old 06-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
Yep, let's just sweep this article right under the rug...more Hillary posts perhaps???
Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep, let's just sweep this article right under the rug...more Hillary posts perhaps???

are you going to whine, or are you going to respond to my posts?