AIDS: The most distorted, duplicitous and cynical public health panics in 30 years!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: You're a North American heterosexual. Given what you know (or don't know, as the case may be) of AIDS, would you have unprotected sex with a female that you KNEW has HIV/AIDS?

Well, there have been a number of news media reports saying that a minority of promiscuous homosexuals engage in a practise called 'bug chasing' - knowingly having sex with other men who have the virus.

Bug Chasers : Rolling Stone

As this is FYM, however, merely drawing attention to - let alone condemning -such behaviour, is possible evidence of homophobia!

If the gay lobby in the US wants people to stop calling AIDS a gay disease, it should stop shouting down those within its own ranks who draw attention to, and seek to reduce, risky behaviour.

Homosexual Leader Calls AIDS 'a Gay Disease' -- 02/15/2008

Well, there have been a number of news media reports saying that a minority of promiscuous homosexuals engage in a practise called 'bug chasing' - knowingly having sex with other men who have the virus.

Just to emphasize, I realise this is only a tiny minority - a minority within a minority within a minority - but honestly and truly, the way I see it is that the only appropriate reaction to this kind of irresponsible sexual behaviour, in my view, is condemnation.

you realize this was widely criticizes as shoddy journalism, yes? that the author only cites two sources, correct? you've done your follow up research and you know that the doctor quoted in the article has since denied the quotations attributed to him?

what are the "number" of news media reports? there was the rolling stone article (and a shitty QAF episode) about this "phenomenon" -- but not much else.

and i know its shocking when members of a despised minority act in self-destructive ways. so it's more about how outraged you should be at having to pay for them instead of wondering why such people are evidently suicidal to begin with.

yes, be angry. they're just gay men. they don't deserve the compassion everyone else does.

[q]As this is FYM, however, merely drawing attention to - let alone condemning -such behaviour, is possible evidence of homophobia![/q]

believing such articles and assuming it's more than a sensationalistic news story is homophobic.

Just to emphasize, I realise this is only a tiny minority - a minority within a minority within a minority - but honestly and truly, the way I see it is that the only appropriate reaction to this kind of irresponsible sexual behaviour, in my view, is condemnation.

and do you think this is condoned in what's known as the gay community?

do you think that gay people aren't doing enough to combat HIV?

is anyone, anywhere doing more?

As this is FYM, however, merely drawing attention to - let alone condemning -such behaviour, is possible evidence of homophobia!

If the gay lobby in the US wants people to stop calling AIDS a gay disease, it should stop shouting down those within its own ranks who draw attention to, and seek to reduce, risky behaviour.

Homosexual Leader Calls AIDS 'a Gay Disease' -- 02/15/2008

:doh:

Interesting, but definitely information that shall be abused, I don't think that there is ever a concerted conspiracy, there is merely ignorance, that goes for any supposed conspiracy, be it JFK, 9/11 or AIDS. I do find Harry Vest completely wrong but somewhat interesting, I appreciate that the poster pisses off both sides of any argument but disagree strongly with that posters immature religiousity and subjective judgements of current affairs.

People are generally stupid and will retroactively cover their arses to suppress mistakes, if exaggerating a threat increases funding and interest then they will do that. That AIDS is getting that scrutiny is a good thing, that it isn't the apocalypse that some quarters drummed it up to be a good news for the world.

Back
Top Bottom