Aha, Seems maybe something WAS being done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO NO NO 80's

they KNEW EXACTLY WHEN WHERE AND HOW

and they let it happen

(yes, sarcasm)

I hope some of the fools in the other thread read this and wake up

80'S
it points out some things mentioned before, like how quickly after 9/11 the media reported on Al Queda and Bin Laden. Remember that they have been suspects as far back as ten years ago. When the Oklahoma city Murrah Federal building blew up, the media was reporting mid-east terrorists almost immediately. That is before the evidence started to roll in, the highest probable speculation was being reported or alluded to.

Therefore, it makes perfect sense that the Bush administration was developing plans to wipe Al Queda off the earth. Considering the USS Cole and everything prior to it and the imminent threats, they were coming in to do their duty. The actual events of 9/11 happened first.

I smell agitprop...

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by melon:
I smell agitprop...

Melon

You should, it's reeking from the left and hit the mainstream yesterday, still stinks
biggrin.gif

I was referring to the MSNBC article. Just a lie to cover up a potential embarrassment.

What do I think happened? Al-Qaeda is known for barraging us with lots of false alarms and throwing in a real attack in it all. The Bush Administration, thinking it was a false alarm like the rest, overlooked this threat. No, it isn't some grand conspiracy; just human error. Unfortunately, that "human error" killed lots of people, but that is the nature of power.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

It takes one to know one, Arun.

Seems you received your wake up call on Sept 11th...
I'll bet any money you'll be receiving another one one day.
And another.
And another.
TILL YOU LEARN.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

It seems that no one is paying attention to the many many other people who knew and heard this exact same warning that Bush was given.

L.Unplugged

EIB: SEnators Knew Too:

There's no question that this story about the White House receiving a generic hijack warning comes from a leak. This is a leak from somebody in the House or the Senate, either in the select, joint or bipartisan intelligence committee, or one of the two House or Senate intelligence committees. Somebody there got hold of all this and leaked it to the press.

Now, for that leak to happen, these people had to know, right? So we can ask, "What did they do?" Even if some of them didn't learn it until after September 11th, what are they doing sitting on the information all this time? There could be future attacks that we could be warned about! Remember, now: none of the aviation students referenced in the FBI Phoenix office memo have been connected to the hijackings of September 11th. That information didn't apply then, but the Senate's information sure does.

The Washington Post: "The information lacked specific details about how the terrorist plans would be carried out...the White House said last night that law enforcement agencies were quietly placed on alert as a result of the intelligence." So Bush did what was called for. He didn't panic the people. Senator Bob Graham (D-FL), chairman of the Senate intelligence committee, said that he has been told of a CIA document that reached Bush in August warning him of a more specific al-Qaeda attack involving an airliner. Graham said he had not read the document but that congressional staffers have. He's chairman, but he didn't bother to look at this!

Senator Shelby, the ranking Republican on intelligence, said "the Phoenix agent's memo was a very important warning and it wasn't heeded." On The Today Show, Senator Shelby admitted that his committee was aware of the general warning the president received in his daily briefing. So the question is: what did these senators and other members of that committee do with the information other than sit on their hands?

The news also talks about Bush having been briefed about possible hijackings by bin Laden's group, which does not appear to have been in the memo from the Arizona field office. But the argument is the same: What did the Senate do when informed about possible efforts by bin Laden cronies to get flight training at schools in Arizona? Answer: nothing. They didn't hold any hearings that we're aware of. They didn't call for any law enforcement academies that we're aware of, and they didn't subpoena any information.

The mainstream media has not asked and will not ask the senators these questions. Nor will they ask where this leak came from - and point the finger at the man who was thrown off this very same committee for leaking classified information before: Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont. Since this program is indeed show-prep for the cable news channels, let me help all of you find some other people to ask the question of the day: What did you know and when did you know it?

The Senate intelligence committee: Bob Graham, Carl Levin, Jay Rockefeller, Dianne Feinstein, Ron Wyden, Richard Durbin, Evan Bayh, John Edwards and Barbara Mikulski - Democrats. Richard Shelby, Richard Lugar, Fred Thompson, John Kyl, James Inhoff, Orrin Hatch, Pat Roberts and Mike DeWine - Republicans. These senators had the information. They're running around acting like they weren't in the loop, but they were indeed in the loop - where are the questions? Where?

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
It takes one to know one, Arun.

Seems you received your wake up call on Sept 11th...
I'll bet any money you'll be receiving another one one day.
And another.
And another.
TILL YOU LEARN.

You know what

You of all people have no rights to question my learning process of what I did and didn't learn. No one appointed you to evaluate me.

And if learning makes me share your views on everything I'd rather be a fool

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 05-17-2002).]

I think I might make up a story that G. W. Bush, Osama bin Laden, Ariel Sharon and Wayne Newton planned the whole thing at Waffle House one night, and I will leak it to the media.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I think I might make up a story that G. W. Bush, Osama bin Laden, Ariel Sharon and Wayne Newton planned the whole thing at Waffle House one night, and I will leak it to the media.

~U2Alabama

HAHAHA

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

~U2Alabama

HAHAHA
smile.gif

D
B

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Diamond, who fired the first shot here??? Arun did. I did not attack him first, he attacked me. I can tolerate constructive criticism, but i will never tolerate abuse, or attacks of any kind. I may just go right ahead and tell everyone all of the horrid things he has said about me, that i have tolerated out of the kindness of my heart.
Diamond and z edge, I dont know if i would be defending him so much if i were you...especially not Z Edge...He may not hold the high opinion you think he has of you...

Diamond, when arun stops his attack and attempts to make peace, then so will I. But not until then.

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-17-2002).]

Give peace a chance, there is enough war in the world as it is.

This is not a personal thread; Arun_V never made personal references, he made a general comment; why are you making it personal?

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 05-17-2002).]

Bama, you should hear my relatives argue politics. My God, you'd think they were gonna kill each other, seriously. Most of them are democrats, but they still have radically different views on many topics. Most recently i overheard them arguing over Israel/Palestine,etc...
They have their say, they make their points, sometimes they acknowledge that the others may be right, most often they dont, and stick to their point of view....But when all is said and done, and the topic finished, peace resumes. They dont usually carry their anger over into other conversations, or stay mad very long from what ive observed.
I think thats a good way to be, unless youre dealing with a sworn enemy or something.
When i get into arguments here, i try to leave it in the thread it started in. I *try* not to carry it over into other threads, and i try to forget about it as much as possible.
Too bad others here cant do the same thing...or at least try to talk it over rationally.
But i'm only human, and if someone takes the first shot at me, well, i'm sorry, but i am not turning the other cheek.
Except in extreme cases, i am always open to peace, and as long as the other individual is apologetic and acknowledges the pain they caused, then i can do the same.
Anyone who doesnt believe me can ask anyone who knows me in real life, and also on this forum, since there are a few people here i've battled with yet still enjoy their presence.
Too bad others choose to just provoke me more, and force me to hit back.

Give peace a chance, there is enough war in the world as it is.

This is not a personal thread; Arun_V never made personal references, he made a general comment; why are you making it personal?

~U2Alabama

He was referring to me.

I did not infer that he was talking about you; in fact, it never would have crossed my mind until you introduced the theory, and I STILL don't think he was talking about you. But I do not like it when people introduce discovery/text/statements from PRIVATE conversations/chats/whatever into a public forum, because private conversations should remain just that: private. Also, the rest of us (who may be friends with BOTH of you) do not have the advantage of knowing WHO is speaking the truth, and the alleged subjects of such scuttlebutt (in this case, z edge and DiamondBruno_9, who are also friends of mine) do not know WHO to believe and are put in an unfairly awkward situation.

~U2Alabama

Yes, but if someone is talking about me behind my back, all the while publicly pretending to be my friend, i would DEFINITELY want to know.
That is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you have something to say to me, tell me to my face. And dont pretend to be my friend just to make yourself look good. I need to know who my enemies are, i dont like being fooled into thinking i have a friend when i dont.
There is no way in hell arun was talking about anyone except me when he made those remarks. There is no doubt. NONE
Who else could it be? i was the only one disagreeing with him, the only one who suggested the government could be behind the whole thing.
He could have just replied "yes, there may have been a very vague threat,etc,etc..."and state his case again.

He didnt have to use sarcasm or refer to anyone as a fool or mention the previous thread. But he did,so i have to fight back, and so here we go again.

I should mention that i wasnt even going to look at this thread at all, and when i heard the news myself, i wasnt even thinking of posting about it at all.
Then an alert pal on my ICQ let me know what was going on, and i just cant let comments like that go...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
There is no way in hell arun was talking about anyone except me when he made those remarks. There is no doubt. NONE
Who else could it be? i was the only one disagreeing with him, the only one who suggested the government could be behind the whole thing.

There were 131 posts in kobayashi's "Prior Knowledge..." thread before it was close, and MANY of those posts were made by individuals who thought it possible that the government had some advance knowledge of the attacks. Yes, you may be the only one saying the government was "behind the whole thing" which is indeed a stretch. But in THIS thread Arun_V was referring to the simple debate of PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, NOT "involvement."

~U2Alabama

Go ask him. I am 100% certain he was referring to me. I am the only one he has a grudge against, and the only one he is out to get. I pissed him off in that thread, NONE of the others did.

Arun_V:

Were you talking about MissMacPh?

I was referring to a nubmer of ppl

I had already spoken to miss mac about this issue. And was done with her.

I have to finish some New media work and go to bed...I'm done with this..if anyone wants to talk about the topic of this thread..I'd be mroe than happy to reply to it tomorrow

UM. You spoke to me about the issue at first. Then you closed all lines of communication, which only aggravated things.
You couldve been civil in this thread, but you had to go off and attck people.
You were referring to me as well, and you shouldnt go attacking anyone just because they hold a different view than yourself.
The you get upset when anyone fires back. Odd.

Its a shame that all the right wing pigs, defend themselves against one of the few voices here that has some free thinking, I mean that is not attached to a doctrine, I I wonder how u don't even see the obvious Bama, can't you even see that Arun is quoting Miss?, what else one need to refer to someone in person.
I once told in chat to some of you that I wouldn't be surpriced if Bush admon. knew about the attacks, and let it happen to have an excuse to go to war, it has happened before , it will happen again, and if you believe that what they are admiting now its all they knew, then someone is really NOT LEARNING.
Its scary how this place that should have a wide range opinions has alienated the liberal thinking, where is Holy Joe? for instance, this is not FREE YOUR MIND, its Uncle Sam Backyard, it was sick when someone called Jesus a republican, even as a joke, is the most stupid thing I has ever read, someone should teach you, that he said that all men are equal,that sound more like Marx you know, (that is an equal dumb comment, only to see how dumb it was) I know u will blast me, and things will not change, and I also don't hope you FREE YOUR MIND, narrow minds are not free, also I don't think I will reply to anyone after this in thi thread, its just that its sick the level of intolerance displayed in this place.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by rafmed:
its just that its sick the level of intolerance displayed in this place.

agreed raffie.

can't we all just get along?
icon9.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom