Aha, Seems maybe something WAS being done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rafmed:
Its a shame that all the right wing pigs, defend themselves against one of the few voices here that has some free thinking, I mean that is not attached to a doctrine, I I wonder how u don't even see the obvious Bama, can't you even see that Arun is quoting Miss?, what else one need to refer to someone in person.
I once told in chat to some of you that I wouldn't be surpriced if Bush admon. knew about the attacks, and let it happen to have an excuse to go to war, it has happened before , it will happen again, and if you believe that what they are admiting now its all they knew, then someone is really NOT LEARNING.
Its scary how this place that should have a wide range opinions has alienated the liberal thinking, where is Holy Joe? for instance, this is not FREE YOUR MIND, its Uncle Sam Backyard, it was sick when someone called Jesus a republican, even as a joke, is the most stupid thing I has ever read, someone should teach you, that he said that all men are equal,that sound more like Marx you know, (that is an equal dumb comment, only to see how dumb it was) I know u will blast me, and things will not change, and I also don't hope you FREE YOUR MIND, narrow minds are not free, also I don't think I will reply to anyone after this in thi thread, its just that its sick the level of intolerance displayed in this place.

THe only time I ever quoted miss was when remarks became personal in nature which happened in both threads. Responding to someone and attacking them are too different things.

If you wanna handle the issue that's fine but everytime it seems to turn into some warped personal issue. I discussed the issue in both threads and both threads got dragged into something personal

talk about odd

I urge everyone to look at both this and the prior knowledge of 9/11 thread and look at who did what. at no point do I make personal attacks BOTH times it gets personal without warrant.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF PPL WHO THOUGHT THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAD GAINED FROM 9/11 I was reffering to the lot of them.

Honestly...I dont' think I would take the time or energy to reply to any single persons post in that thread.

I dont' get upset when ppl fire back...but I do when it's personal and has nothing to do with the thread at hand.

and don't lecture me about civility

Its a shame that all the right wing pigs, defend themselves against one of the few voices here that has some free thinking, I mean that is not attached to a doctrine, I I wonder how u don't even see the obvious Bama, can't you even see that Arun is quoting Miss?,
It wasn't obvious to me...seemed to me Arun was talking about a group of people, not specifically Miss Mac. Miss Mac was on Arun's back for that entire thread; if you don't believe me, go read it. Now, when Arun makes a statement about a group of people, she flies of the handle, and interprets it to be about only her.
By the way, Aun is hardly a "right wing pig". You could say that about me (coming from certain people, I regard that as a high compliment), but not about Arun.

Originally posted by z edge:
80'S
Therefore, it makes perfect sense that the Bush administration was developing plans to wipe Al Queda off the earth. Considering the USS Cole and everything prior to it and the imminent threats, they were coming in to do their duty. The actual events of 9/11 happened first.
Exactly!
I was speaking to my friend about this, and she said "yeah, but you know there'll be peope out there who say that if he had gone ahead and implemented the plan on the 9th, it would've prevented events of the 11th". I tell you, I wouldn't be surpised to hear that, would you? Last week, when the news broke about Bush having received the vague warning, she said "Oh I can see it now. People will say Bush let it happen to further his career". Imagine her reaction when I said "It's already happening - on the U2 board!" Of course it didn't really surprise her - she's heard about and read some of the wacky things on this forum.

Its a shame that all the right wing pigs, defend themselves against one of the few voices here that has some free thinking, I mean that is not attached to a doctrine, I I wonder how u don't even see the obvious Bama, can't you even see that Arun is quoting Miss?, what else one need to refer to someone in person.

If you are referring to Arun_V as a "right wing pig," I must say that is as outrageous as referring to DiamondBruno_9 as "the Mother Teresa of all U2 fans."

Regardless of who I agree with on the political debate at hand (Arun_V), I pointed out my view that he was not solely referring to MissMacPh. I consider myself friends with both of them, and I consider myself friends with you as well, rafmed, but I am disappointed to see you use the term "right wing pigs" when referring to others in this community, whether it is Arun_V, 80sU2IsBest, myself, or whomever. I expected more from you.

~U2Alabama

number one...I'm not right wing

number two...I used a plural...if ppl cant' tell the difference between plural and singular.......( I would complete this..but I dont' want to make a personal ATTACK or anything)

also I'd like ppl to note there is no underscore in my name

Arun V not Arun_V

Yes, but back in the old days, you put the underscore in your name in chat; I know I have seen it somewhere. And once it is there, I don't go back.

~U2Alabama

I once told in chat to some of you that I wouldn't be surpriced if Bush admon. knew about the attacks, and let it happen to have an excuse to go to war, it has happened before , it will happen again, and if you believe that what they are admiting now its all they knew, then someone is really NOT LEARNING.

Sick?... Grotesque?.. That is absolutely one of the sickest explanations I have ever heard, almost topping, the 'War on Terrorism is only there just so Bush can get his Agenda through'.. Geezus Christ... I can't quite even see how you could write such things, but then again, You opened your statement with 'Right Wing Pigs'... So I'm not sure what I couldn't expect from ya.

L.Unplugged

But if Bush had credible info that al-Qaeda were planning to fly airplanes into the WTC and government buildings, surely it would have occurred to him that the White House might have been a target, and I doubt any President would have allowed such attacks if the White House were a target. (Remember, the Pentagon was hit by one of the planes, and the plane that crashed in PA was headed for Washington.)

Originally posted by diamond:
Please define "agitprop"

A reference to the Soviet ministry (were they "ministries"?) of Agitation and Propaganda. Its sole purpose was to make up news stories, implant the seed somewhere around the world, and allow the tabloid nature of the media to foster the fake news story as "real."

This is exactly the specter the Defense Department evoked last fall, when they wanted to create something similar (to their credit, they later recanted on these plans...supposedly).

This news story is just too damn convenient to be true. Why would Bush want a virtually unprovoked war on Al-Qaeda? It is certainly true that they had made attacks in the past, but they were old news by September. It certainly would have garnished no public support nor international support had it been done prior to the September 11th attacks. Heck, even Bush didn't see them as a threat back in April 2001, when he gave $40 million to the Taliban for their effort on the "war on drugs" (I don't doubt that this money was used to beef up the Afghani terrorist camps).

All in all, I see no vast conspiracy, nor any valiant, heroic efforts on the Bush Administration. Al-Qaeda simply outsmarted us on September 11th, but I certainly think we've progressed a lot on the security front since then.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Raf-
I will not blast you.
Have no worries, both
GW
and
Jesus loves you.
Have a great day.
wink.gif

Melon-
Thx for the explanation.
smile.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-18-2002).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:
This I know, too. I hope not to have sounded off too harshly in this thread.

~U2Alabama

I meant- "loves"
Dumbass right-wing-pig that I am.
wink.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by diamond:
I meant- "loves"
Dumbass right-wing-pig that I am.
wink.gif

diamond

No-
I better put it back to the original way.
Raf-
Have no worries,
both
GW and Jesus love you.
wink.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by Arun V:

THe only time I ever quoted miss was when remarks became personal in nature which happened in both threads. Responding to someone and attacking them are too different things.

If you wanna handle the issue that's fine but everytime it seems to turn into some warped personal issue. I discussed the issue in both threads and both threads got dragged into something personal

talk about odd

I urge everyone to look at both this and the prior knowledge of 9/11 thread and look at who did what. at no point do I make personal attacks BOTH times it gets personal without warrant.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF PPL WHO THOUGHT THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAD GAINED FROM 9/11 I was reffering to the lot of them.

Honestly...I dont' think I would take the time or energy to reply to any single persons post in that thread.

I dont' get upset when ppl fire back...but I do when it's personal and has nothing to do with the thread at hand.

and don't lecture me about civility

UMMMM.... You started this. Go back and read your first reply to this thread. One can just feel the hatred.
You could have started this civili\y by simply stating your case, why you disagree, etc.
You know better than to start a war. Couldnt you stop yourslef from being sarcastic and attacking others?
WHO called WHO a fool first! You were refering to me as well as the others. Why the hell did you have to go and attack anyone?! ANYONE???
WHO came in with sarcastic remarks?? Who told who to wake up first?? Go back and read it. Youll see.

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-18-2002).]

NO NO NO 80's

they KNEW EXACTLY WHEN WHERE AND HOW

and they let it happen

(yes, sarcasm)

I hope some of the fools in the other thread read this and wake up

AHEM....
mad.gif

Oh, and another thing.
About taking what others say too personally...
How come everyone else gets to do exactly that in this forum, but the minute i do, people blast me.
Am i really the first and only one to ever take things too personally here?!
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....Let me think....UUUUMMMMMMM....Errrr...
I would guiess.....NO.
Actually, in the other thread, Z Edge tok the liberty of viewing my comments as a personal attack. Not once did i mention him, or even in anyway that could possibly be veiwed as a personal attck!! I never said anything about him, until he started blasting me.
Yet he says i somehow hurt him.That his tears were going nowhere. Merely because i am not blindly devoted to the government. Go back and read what he said to me. Youll se how personally he took my opinions.
If he can do it, then so can i, and view everyones comments here as a personal attack as well!!! Fair is fair!!!!

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
UMMMM.... You started this. Go back and read your first reply to this thread. One can just feel the hatred.
You could have started this civili\y by simply stating your case, why you disagree, etc.
You know better than to start a war. Couldnt you stop yourslef from being sarcastic and attacking others?
WHO called WHO a fool first! You were refering to me as well as the others. Why the hell did you have to go and attack anyone?! ANYONE???
WHO came in with sarcastic remarks?? Who told who to wake up first?? Go back and read it. Youll see.

Nobody else was offended by it.....You singled yourself out as the only recipient of it.

and use of the word fools is relativly mild Or in Ghettospeak "foo"

And I never called anyone singularly a fool

I used "fools"

And by your own admission in this thread you are a fool....so what's there to complain about????

(your words not mine)

You were trying to offend me. It was very obvious. I'm the only one you publicly blast. EVER.
Everyone else, even those you privately hate, you never bash here.
And you still wont answer my question about why it was neccessary to attack anyone. Guess you cant think of a witty reply to that, eh?
And, "FOO"?!
What, you trying to get down with the homies now, bro? Too late, we know how much you despise everyone and anyone with less wealth than you.

And I never called anyone singularly a fool

I used "fools"

And by your own admission in this thread you are a fool....so what's there to complain about????

(your words not mine)

So what, you'd rather be a fool than believe the truth. You admit that.
And i didnt admit to being a fool. Too bad you cant understand that. What do you understand?

You were trying to offend me. It was very obvious. I'm the only one you publicly blast. EVER.
Everyone else, even those you privately hate, you never bash here.

If you want to think that I care enough to go out of my way offend you, fine

and I told off at least one other person in that thread. And disagreed with a ton. And in fact i did state my case by telling ppl to read the article.

You've made very specific slanders which I'm choosing to ignore. I hope you drop this and discuss the contents of this thread

Then why dont you please let me!
Again, you started it. Next time, why dont you stick to the topic at hand and voice your opinion simply and without the sarcasm and rude remarks.
I did that with my original reply in the original thread. Go back and read it.
As for the topic, i am very surprised this "new" information came out as soon as it did. I thought it would take many more months, even years, before this was made public.
Now its hilarious to see Dubbya babble about the enemy, etc etc ad nauseum.
I still dont think Bush is primarily responsibl;e for this though.
And I still believe it will take a very long time, possibly never, before the whole truth comes out.
But this is a rather amusing start.

And, "FOO"?!
What, you trying to get down with the homies now, bro? Too late, we know how much you despise everyone and anyone with less wealth than you.

you've already said that I dont' care about ppl in teh other thread...running out of material????

Again, you started it. Next time, why dont you stick to the topic at hand and voice your opinion simply and without the sarcasm and rude remarks.
As for the topic, i am very surprised this "new" information came out as soon as it did. I thought it would take many more months, even years, before we knew anything.
I still dont think Bush is primarily responsibl;e for this...
And I still believe it will take a very long time, possibly never, before the whole truth comes out.

actually it was ok till you attacked me for commending z edge on military service...go back and read the thread for god sakes

I was just wondering why you were being a hypocrit. Why cant i question that?!
Ah yes, and i was also bewildered as to why you would suddenly kiss up to z edge when you blasted him to me, and made it clear exactly what you thought about him.

Here you go again, i tried to change the subject *sigh*

I was just wondering why you were being a hypocrit. Why cant i question that?!
Here you go again, i tried to change the subject *sigh*

I'm not a hypocrit..and in fact I explained myself...I'm done with this thread

you tried to change it back after saying I value ppl based on their tax brackets???????

smooth change of topic

If anyone needs me I'll be admiring angelina jolie in Tomb raider.

and z edge and diamond and bama and anyone else that actually speaks to me constructivly knows the kind of person that I am. No need for you to pass judgements for them

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 05-18-2002).]

As for the topic, i am very surprised this "new" information came out as soon as it did. I thought it would take many more months, even years, before this was made public.
I still dont think Bush is primarily responsibl;e for this though.

Um, no, this is how i TRIED to change the subject. And i TRIED again in the chat room.
DUH!!!!!!!!! Geez, just gotta twist everything around till i look like the bad guy.
rolleyes.gif

Its sad how some people just dont want peace. Cant get over their differences and admit both were wrong. With people like that, i guess there will always be war.
As for Bama, Diamond, and your new best buddy z edge, i know you better than they do. WAY better. And i have tried repeatedly to speak to you constructively, but you just wont have it. Gotta keep provoking me so i have little choice but to hit back.
I tried to have my say and then let it go, but you wont stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom