Ah The Glory Days Of The Clinton Admin - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Thanks for info everyone. I totally forgot about the assassination threat to the President in regards to his inaccessability.

Old 06-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Past presidents who have served 8 years are not eligible. They have to be able to serve. Bush the father could. Ford could. Carter could.
You know, that makes sense. But I don't recall seeing anything that specifically states who cannot be a vice-president. In fact, I don't even know that term limits apply to vice-presidents - the 22nd amendment only refers to presidents.

Interesting...

Old 06-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #78
War Child

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Seemingly not in America. Clinton faced impeachment procedings. Bush has not. But I live in hope.
If Bush had been a Democrat he'd have been impeached about 50 times by now, but then again the current crop of Dems aren't very smart.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:58 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

You know, that makes sense. But I don't recall seeing anything that specifically states who cannot be a vice-president. In fact, I don't even know that term limits apply to vice-presidents - the 22nd amendment only refers to presidents.

Interesting...
I will try and find info for you....but I am almost 100% sure that if you cannot fulfill the rules to be President...you cannot be the VP>
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I will try and find info for you....but I am almost 100% sure that if you cannot fulfill the rules to be President...you cannot be the VP>
Yeah, certainly seems logical. I was just surprised I couldn't find anything online that specifically referred to it.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:38 PM   #81
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I want Clinton back. Seriously. I do.
Me, too.

Clinton diddled an intern; so what.

George Bush is fucking the entire country (and territories beyond).

And Clinton did not get us into a nearly insoluble military conflict in a foreign country by twisting the facts, issuing different ultimatums under he landed on one that worked, ignoring the Geneva Accords, etc.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:49 PM
In my own opinion the damage that occured in Iraq while the Clinton administration was in office was worse than that under Bush. The responsibility for the hundreds of thousands of deaths under the sanctions however rests with Saddam Hussein.

I don't think that it matters that Clinton did or did not have sex with any number of women or men (as long as they were of legal age).

Terrorism did occur while Clinton was in the oval office; the trade center bombing, African embassy bombings, Khobar Towars, USS Cole, the Oslo War.

The nuclear agreement from 1994 with North Korea was really a failure and has not prevented the North Korean regime from advancing its development of nuclear weapons.

He was not an awful president, he did do quite a few things right but also made what are in retrospect significant mistakes.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #83
Refugee

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
In my own opinion the damage that occured in Iraq while the Clinton administration was in office was worse than that under Bush. The responsibility for the hundreds of thousands of deaths under the sanctions however rests with Saddam Hussein.
Yes. Saddam was an evil ruler. But he didn't provide any threat to the USA. Why would we go to war with them? There are other evil rulers in the world. And why go to war when we did? Why didn't we go to war in 2000 or 2001 or anytime prior to when we did. He was still an evil ruler then. It's interesting that we went to war while 9/11 sentiment was still high, but the President's approval rating started to fall

The fact is...Saddam was a bad ruler....but he didn't do anything that was worth going to war with them. If Saddam were still in power right now, none of our soldiers would be dead.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:49 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Quote:

Don;t forget France and Germany also believed that they had WMD. German intelligence predicted nukes by 2006 if I am not mistaken....but hey...I am not willing to waste more of my time looking for the facts........
I still try to figure out what for evidence Powel did present to the VN in ( inluding all those pictures )
Old 06-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:49 PM
I do think that the Iraq Liberation Act was a good move.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Quote:
I am curious...this is the 2nd time I have seen this called an illegal war.
Only the 2nd time? You must live a very sheltered life.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:09 AM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
I still try to figure out what for evidence Powel did present to the VN in ( inluding all those pictures )
You and me both....
Old 06-25-2005, 04:10 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Only the 2nd time? You must live a very sheltered life.
this thread
Old 06-25-2005, 04:11 AM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

I don't think that it matters that Clinton did or did not have sex with any number of women or men (as long as they were of legal age).

Terrorism did occur while Clinton was in the oval office; the trade center bombing, African embassy bombings, Khobar Towars, USS Cole, the Oslo War.

The nuclear agreement from 1994 with North Korea was really a failure and has not prevented the North Korean regime from advancing its development of nuclear weapons.
I have typed these same things in here before too many times...

great summary
Old 06-25-2005, 04:13 AM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unosdostres14

Yes. Saddam was an evil ruler. But he didn't provide any threat to the USA. Why would we go to war with them? There are other evil rulers in the world. And why go to war when we did? Why didn't we go to war in 2000 or 2001 or anytime prior to when we did. He was still an evil ruler then. It's interesting that we went to war while 9/11 sentiment was still high, but the President's approval rating started to fall

The fact is...Saddam was a bad ruler....but he didn't do anything that was worth going to war with them. If Saddam were still in power right now, none of our soldiers would be dead.
Can you name other rulers that invaded three other countries illegally currently in office?

Can you name oher rulers in violation of UN Securoty Council Resolutions currently in office?

Can you name other rulers that REPEATEDLY violated their CEASE FIRE agreement currently in office?

People forget that was a cease fire agreement, not a formal ending of the Gulf War.