Ah-nold starts a third party? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Ah-nold starts a third party?

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/0...9whisplead.htm

Alien Arnold
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has a plan for the future. Friends say the Austrian-born actor is looking for an "entity" to help him push for changing the nativity provision of the U.S. Constitution so he can run for president. Two ideas are under study. One is to work with Congress to change the law barring foreign-born American citizens from becoming president, then to sell it to states. Another is bolder and riskier: creating a third party to push his idea, a move that may lose him Republican support.

could it work? who would be in this party? what would it's platform be? where would it stand on social issues? economic? military? what current politicians would hang up their R or D hat and joint? could Arnold save the country from a 2nd civil war or is he just a more muscular Ross Perot? could the Republicans ever support a pro-choice, pro-stem cell, pro-gay, pro-medicinal marijuana politican who has smoked dope, had a whole bunch of sex (sometimes in groups!), and is married to a Kennedy on a national ticket? could Arnold be secretly plotting to destroy the Republican party as we know it? to set the McCain-Giuliani wing against the Santorum-DeLay faction?

discuss ...

Old 11-22-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

I like his stance on many issues, but it still scares me a bit and I don't like the idea of changing the Constitution for him or anyone else. I think maybe he's power hungry

Has he had more sex than Clinton?

Old 11-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 PM
If Arnold chose the third party route, it would be the ego party. Name recognition will only carry you so far. And both parties have plenty of political ammo stockpiled to take out Arnold.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:00 PM
I'm one for third parties, but I'm not for change of the constitution for only one person. Seems like we're a little too eager to change the constitution these days and it's not even for the overwhelming majority.

I agree with Arnold on a few issues, but I really don't want to see an arrogant mysoginist ass in the office, especially one that did Kindergarden Cop.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:00 AM
The republicans may want Arnold NOW, but what about future "foreign" candidates that they may fear? Think ahead, not on one person.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I don't like the mysogynist crap either He tries to pass it all off as joking and fun. Many men who are like that try the same tactic.

I guess since Maria says he's not like that though, we should just believe that
Old 11-22-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
especially one that did Kindergarden Cop.
but he was so good with the children..
Old 11-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:00 PM
I always thought that was the most idiotic part of our government....only 2 main partys?? That's like having a jury with an even number of poeple! Where's the tie-breaker? The U.S. is too stupid to change though so I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't agree with changing the natural-born president thing though.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

but he was so good with the children..
but what of the women.......

Old 11-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think they should change the constitution for one guy. Maybe if I was a bigger fan of Schwarzenegger's I'd support it, and well, heck, he is a moderate and moderate presidents are OK by me. But I can't see myself voting for the guy, period. There are too many things that annoy me about the guy.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by whitehead
I always thought that was the most idiotic part of our government....only 2 main partys?? That's like having a jury with an even number of poeple! Where's the tie-breaker? The U.S. is too stupid to change though so I'll believe it when I see it.
I strongly agree with this. There's got to be more than 2 sides to a story. At least sometimes.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:39 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Get that constitutional amendment through and the flood gates will be opened and then what will you get?

U2 Democrat / A_Wanderer united party ticket 2032 (we all know that I will have established longstanding ties with organised crime and will use my multi billion dollar fortune to "swing" such an unlikely ticket into existence, mwhoahaha.

In a slightly less megalomaniacal tone allowing foreign born citizens to run for such an office would not be such a great idea, but President Ahhnold would be a good movie.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:42 AM   #13
Refugee

I really have trouble seeing how this guy is Republican. I mean I know he's pro-big business, but most democrats are. I mean, this is the captialist centre.
It's weird, he is seen as such a manly man, but he supports so many "woman's" issues. He confuses me...
Old 11-23-2004, 04:43 AM   #14
Refugee

Oh, and i think foreign born citizens should be able to run for president. Of course we should have a expectation like, one must be a legal citizen of the US for X many years (I'm thinking like 25-30)
Oh, and why are we Americans so damn afraid of mending the constitution (look, I didn't even capitalize it). It's just paper. Hell, within the constitution it calls that it should be changed to keep with the times...the elasticity clause i believe.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:10 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet
I really have trouble seeing how this guy is Republican. I mean I know he's pro-big business, but most democrats are. I mean, this is the captialist centre.
It's weird, he is seen as such a manly man, but he supports so many "woman's" issues. He confuses me...
That's why I would never vote for him. So many women's issues, so few fetal issues. He's basically a liberal to me who supports tax cuts and a few other financial conservative issues.