Again with the beheaddings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So who's now thinking of the thousands of lives this guy has saved?

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm genuinely trying to get my head around this price we've put on human life. One life is worth as much as 1000 I've always thought, but it seems this is somehow changing.

Ugh I dunno. Ignore me.
:huh:

Its really very simple, he is a western civilian and the rest are the "Arab Hoards", I am not saying one life is worth more or less than another but to the media only one of these lives matters. Sad facts of the "information" (thats given to you) world.

Last edited:
Ok now I'm bothered by the Western Civilian becoming a proper noun. Wouldn't matter if this guy was a serial killer. Nothing changes the fact that these responsible are brutal murderers.

This has become so vile, so primitive, so ignorant, so insane I don't know what to say. Doom be to them all! :mad: :down:

THIS is why you can't negotiate with terrorists. You let them know this kind of thing works and they'll keep doing it. I know, they keep doing it anyway, but it can never be allowed to pay off for them. :down:

A serial killer is just a sicko with no agenda other than his own thrills. These bastards are doing it in the name of religion and their cause.

Before people jump on U2Kitten and say that negotiation will have no effect other than saving lives I will comment that it would increase the frequency of kidnappings and the magnitude of their demands, capitulation always weakens your position and emboldens your opponent.

i wasnt talking about the terrorists as serial killerrs. the guy who got beheaded could be one, and it would still be just as bad. we're losing the value of life. it is bothering me. we deem some more important than others, regardless. we deem the lives of these terrorists as worthless and expendable. whether they are or not is not my place to say. deeming the lives of any 'innocent wester civilians' as either worthless or more valued, is also not mine or any other's i dont think.

While I agree life has become way too devalued in this world, I feel that once someone has purposely, intentionally and brutally deprived someone else of life doesn't deserve theirs anymore. Sorry that's just how I feel!

You think humans can decide on who gets to keep the gift of life? Of course some do, like these nuts who behead others for their cause.

This can get very grey. I'm too tired to think now lol.

If somebody who represents a persistent threat to innocent lives is eliminated then I can find that acceptable, but if they are in custody and can no longer harm others through their own devices then I would be opposed to killing them.

If I may use the Tolkien quote that is best here
"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends."
-- J.R.R. Tolkien

according to me, a western civilian life is equal to a iraqi civilian or a sudanese civilian... however western media doesnt care when 11000 iraqi civilians are killed.

so in a way , i am in the same lines as angela !!

however a proven terrorist or a proven potential suicide bomber certain) needs to be liquidated as soon as possible - because putting him into prison will only bring hostage like situation.. "we will kill him unless you release XYZ"

No, I respectfully disagree on this. If they are not a threat then there is no justification to kill them. They may become bargaining chips in future attacks but if a government is steadfast and does not capitulate then that would not be a problem. I refer to Israel's success over Palestinian terrorism through sound counterterror operations involving both arrests and targeted assassinations, depending on the specifics of the target. Israel has effectively dealt with a threat while maintaining a a free and open democracy. I can only hope that the global war on terror is conducted as professionally.

Back
Top Bottom