advice for fellow liberal Catholics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I know that several of the liberals who post/lurk here are Catholic. If you're feeling blue about the election, ask St. Dymphna, the patron saint of those of us with neurological and mental illnesses, to help you with your blahs. She has intervened for me on many an occasion, she'll help you as well. I got a St. Dymphna prayer book at the Franciscan monastery in Washington. Trust me, I'm going to be using it.:sad:

Verte! :hug:

I have some more advice, iffen you don't mind.

Let's take back the L word! Next time someone calls you a liberal, just say thanks! :)

SD

Hey, let's all get t-shirts and paint huge neon "L"'s on them! Or even better, "I'm a liberal and damn proud of it". :wink:

verte76 said:
Hey, let's all get t-shirts and paint huge neon "L"'s on them! Or even better, "I'm a liberal and damn proud of it". :wink:

brilliant. i have printer-iron on paper stuff so i could do a design, print it out and put it on a shirt. (i think i'll leave out the word damn so i can wear it to school).

PROUD TO BE A LIBERAL!!!

Come to think of it, "damn" wouldn't go down very well in public here in Birmingham either. This is a pretty conservative place, and I don't want to get busted for public indecency. Better not to turn people off. They'll think I'm nuts for being a liberal anyway. :wink:

verte76 said:
Come to think of it, "damn" wouldn't go down very well in public here in Birmingham either. This is a pretty conservative place, and I don't want to get busted for public indecency. Better not to turn people off. They'll think I'm nuts for being a liberal anyway. :wink:

:lol:

How was your trip to DC? That's my favorite city :D and you were only an hour and a half from me! :D

D.C. is a really interesting city. There are so many things to do! I went to the Franciscan monastery in the northeastern part of the city, also the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. Both of them are really beautiful buildings. Unfortunately it was raining cats and dogs the day I went to the Franciscan monastery and we couldn't take walks in the garden. Damn. The weather wasn't my friend. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Have you ever been to National Cathedral? It's so beautiful, hard to believe it was completed only 15 years ago or so. It may not be specifically what you're looking into but it's still gorgeous.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to go to the National Cathedral. I had a whole slew of business meetings to go to on top of the bad luck with the weather.

Verte, have you been to Italy? I think you'd love it.

What's really interesting is Ravenna, with all the pre-Romanesque churches. Just awesome. If you cross the Adriatic and go to Croatia to the town of Nin, you'll find the smallest Cathedral in the world (Holy Cross), and I think you'd enjoy that immensely.

Yes, I've been to Italy. Unfortunately when I was in Venice I came down with a truly vicious fever and was only able to do a little sight-seeing. Ever since then I've wanted to go back.

Golightly Grrl said:

Actually we have 666 tattooed on our foreheads :wink:

:lol:

I went to a Catholic high school, and they never assigned the locker with number 666 to anyone. Everyone thought it was hilarious.

I think there should be an agenda called "compassionate liberalism" in response to Bush's "compassionate conservatism." Heh.:wink:

did you have a 666 locker at all or is it like those buildings without a 13th floor where it just goes from 12 to 14?

I would also recommend St. Jude, the saint of hopeless causes, and St. Anthony, the patron saint of finding stuff, including a better president and the strength to get past this.

sharky said:
did you have a 666 locker at all or is it like those buildings without a 13th floor where it just goes from 12 to 14?

There really is a locker number 666. No one was ever put in it though. =)

Good point about St. Jude and St. Anthony, sharky. You can never have too many saints in your corner. In fact, I have two patron saints, St. Dymphna and St. Jude. A few years back I made a pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Jude in Baltimore. I'm always getting into scrapes of one sort or another and having to ask St. Jude to help me. This is another one, definitely that kind of challenge.

i ain't catholic but my sister and her hubby got to meet the pope :ohmy:

it was funny they said at one point he sneezed and someone said "bless you" and then JP2 laughed. someone else blessing the pope! amusing.

This was on Sojourner's latest email, and I thought it was perfect (sojo.net)

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will make your vindication shine like the light,
and the justice of your cause like the noonday.

Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;
do not fret over those who prosper in their way,
over those who carry out evil devices.

Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath.
Do not fret - it leads only to evil.

- Psalm 37:5-8

:)

sd

U2democrat said:

it was funny they said at one point he sneezed and someone said "bless you" and then JP2 laughed. someone else blessing the pope! amusing.

:lmao:

beautiful sherry. just perfect:)

U2democrat said:

Lucky ducks! I'd love to meet the pope! That's a scream, someone blessing the pope! It's clear that he has a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Sherry Darling said:
This was on Sojourner's latest email, and I thought it was perfect (sojo.net)

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will make your vindication shine like the light,
and the justice of your cause like the noonday.

Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;
do not fret over those who prosper in their way,
over those who carry out evil devices.

Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath.
Do not fret - it leads only to evil.

- Psalm 37:5-8

Very cool. what do you think about sojo.net? are they a good organization?

Back
Top Bottom