's "History of U.S. Military Intervention (1801-2004) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 04-29-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:13 PM's "History of U.S. Military Intervention (1801-2004)

I'm fully aware that this isn't the most unbiased of sources, but I was earnestly surprised at bluntness, without (generally) resorting to hysterical language or partisan bickering. In fact, both political parties and even the most "liberal" of presidents are discussed, sometimes unflatteringly, but certainly unconventionally.

What is missing, unfortunately, are some of the very interesting side articles, one of which was a 1998 interview with Jimmy Carter's national security advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, which candidly talks about the Carter's decision to give aid to anti-Soviet forces in 1979 (contrary to the previous "official" line that it was in 1980), thus knowingly provoking the Soviet Union to invade the nation, and believing that once it did, it would hand the Soviet Union its own "Vietnam War" to wear the nation down.

Anyhow, I'd be interested in what people think of the above link.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:27 AM   #2
War Child
Local Time: 07:13 PM
I read through some of it a couple of weeks ago or so and thought it was quite interesting.

I thought about posting it here though because I knew it would interest some. However, I didn't because of the source.

However, I am glad to see that you put it up here.

And finally, I don't know nearly enough US history to make any interesting comments on it. I can't tell if it is incredibly one sided (I assumed it was) or if it does the subject justice.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Hey, this is interesting. Sure it's got all sorts of bias and stuff in it but try taking all of the bias out of history.............