Adam, The Dinousaurs. The Creation..How do you BELIEVERS reconcile the EvolutionFolk? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2002, 09:45 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 09:46 PM
and sometimes the truth is something that is not meant to be simple

god does not play dice with the universe

-einstein

he doesn't use play doh either

-arun

ps I have proof god has a sense of humor as well...ie diamond

Old 07-09-2002, 09:52 PM   #47
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
that is truly...the crappest explanation I have heard

how is this supposed to be based on all the religions of the world again???

you made us wait for that??
Arun,
Come on now
that was worth the wait

Diamond,
I like it
I never thought about the "clumping together of other planets" before. It is a different prospective then I have heard before.

Old 07-09-2002, 10:00 PM   #48
Refugee

so...god clumps planets together..cos he can???

so he created dinosaurs just so he could use them for spare parts for another planet?

so then why didn't god just make an new earth..he's god..he can do what he wants.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #49
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 04:46 PM

I would just like to thank diamond for giving me the best laugh I've had in I don't know how long....that bit about the playdough....I laughed until the tears poured down my cheeks! I think he is very creative!!!

When I was but a tween, I took classical guitar lessons from a heavy duty born again Christian (former boyfriend of my sister the wiccan btw), who believed that cavemen and dinosaurs NEVER existed.

I was a budding biologist/scientist (one of my fave movies is still Quest For Fire), and a rather argumentative whippersnapper (I still am). We would argue by the HOUR on this topic. I never got any work done....if only my parents knew what happened to all their money......but eventually I learned the Presto from Bach's Italian Concierto...
Old 07-09-2002, 10:03 PM   #50
Refugee

Local Time: 03:46 PM
I take it diamond didn't read the Satanic Bible or any other LHP works.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #51
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
so...god clumps planets together..cos he can???
The way I understood it is he took planets that were lifeless and "already served their purpose" to form one, earth. I don't rule this impossible since I have heard theories about planets forming from all different types of things.

Quote:
so he created dinosaurs just so he could use them for spare parts for another planet?
Apparently, they had already lived on another planet and their bones were in the matter that came together that formed earth.

THus, not being created solely for earth, but having already lived their life they were just in the mix of the remains.

Quote:
so then why didn't god just make an new earth..he's god..he can do what he wants.

Well this is Diamonds theory, so I will not touch this one
Old 07-09-2002, 10:15 PM   #52
Refugee

in this case the earth would ahve to have formed long after the big bang.

now if that's the case...why do the same stratifications that gave us fossils from long ago still occur today???

the answer is because the earth is dynamic..always has been always will be.

I'm well aware that science has limitations

it doesn't mean you can make stuff up though. may make a good bedtime story for a child...but they outgrow it when they reach the age of 3-4 months

also there are species on the planet today that are older than dinosaurs...how can they be older if the earth is made up from spare parts? If they coexisted..god would have to have living creatures on the planets on the supposedly defunct planets he used.

Old 07-09-2002, 10:19 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
Bubba:
I think we agree on the fact that the Bible is full of metaphors. (That's good!). The original question I believe had something to do with how we rationalize the difference between what evolution/science tells us and what the Bible tells us. As a Christian, a person is professing a belief in the Bible. That it is God's word, right? My objection to the entire debate over time and the origin of our species lies in the fact that nobody with any sense should trust the authors of the Bible. Those men were human, just as you and I....even just like some unsavory characters like Osama Bin Laden, George W. Bush, Orpah, you name it (LOL)....Okay let's not get off the point. What I dislike about the bible or the Koran or any piece of faith-based literature is that it was written by a species that will alter history, distort reality, and flat out lie in order to exert power and influence over other people.
If the species known as "the early disciples and apostles of Christ" fabricated the New Testament in order to exert power and influence over other people, they seem to have failed in one important respect:

Many of them were killed because of their faith.

Quote:

Here's a question from Bubba and everyone else: If someone came before you tomorrow and said they spoke to God the other night and were told to kill 15 dogs, 17 cats, and all the birds in the neighborhood, would you laugh at him, call the police, or help him with his "assignment"?
I would probably spend a good portion of time questioning why God would want me to do such a thing, and then I probably wouldn't do it, unless I could demonstrate that those dogs had rabies or something.

But I have friends who said they spoke to God the other night and were told to spend the summer as missionaries in China and the Philippines and obeyed.

And this fella named Jesus was told to submit himself to a rather slow and painful death upon a tree so that somehow a bunch of sinners could be saved from eternal death, and he obeyed.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:53 PM   #54
Refugee

Why should we worry about the creation?

Why bother us with the mysteries of universe?

Why wonder if God inspired men to write the bible?

Why don't we just bring all the questions of mankind to Diamond?

It seems that some higher power is giving him the answers, and, as he say, we all just have to wait and see how he will, one day, prove him right.

Thank you Diamond, for the biggest laugh I has had in years!

I'm not a religious man, even I was raised as a catholic, you my man, you give the people that believe in God, in Christ, a bad name.

You have just destroyed the work of thousands of cientist that gave their life to understand our origins.

In a way, what surprice me more is how is posible that some even defend your "theory", someone should explain that any theory should have some background.

I'm sorry Diamond, but I challenge everyone to make me believe that your theory is not the biggest piece of crap ever writen in this forum.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:12 PM   #55
Refugee

I sincerely hope..that this thread is a joke
Old 07-09-2002, 11:17 PM   #56
Elvis ate America before America ate him

Local Time: 08:46 PM

If you're all so interested in god...

perhaps you should read the pre-genesis stories...

It's pathetic that more people don't know the stories of Uriel, or the reason 'god' tried to make a contract with Noah...

Dark is light, and light is dark... language was once intended on making humans more stupid... I think it's worked.

Ah... the fallen angels...

We rule everything.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:28 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:46 PM

Thats ok for those feel the need to scoff.
It really is..:idea:

Im comfortable w my research pulling it from all areas including modern science , YES MODERN SCIENCE.. which most SCIENTISTS ALWAYS SAY their research is a THEORY..
Yes their theories are THEORIES..even the "Big Bang Theory" is THEORY. Just REMEMBER that..Science is always growing too. Sometimes scientists change there therories as MORE information becomes available ..nice.

Didnt scientists used to think the Earth was flat?

Question-
Do Catholics believe in The Golden Rule Raf?
Thanks
Peace
Out

DB9
Old 07-09-2002, 11:33 PM   #58
Refugee

scientists didn't think the earth was flat, the lay people did

it was science that dispelled that theory

even greeks saw ships disapear over the horizon and theorized a spherical earth
Old 07-09-2002, 11:36 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto
If you're all so interested in god...

perhaps you should read the pre-genesis stories...

It's pathetic that more people don't know the stories of Uriel, or the reason 'god' tried to make a contract with Noah...

Dark is light, and light is dark... language was once intended on making humans more stupid... I think it's worked.

Ah... the fallen angels...

We rule everything.
Elvis-
Do you know who Lillith was? btw? She preceded Eve?

I hear she was prettier and smarter than Hello Angel

Arun-
I will put my faith in Einstein's Creator before Einstein himself:idea:
Word:idea:

DB9
Old 07-10-2002, 12:01 AM   #60
Refugee

you know what???

I am buying the play doh theory

if ppl believe the earth is 6000 years old...it might as well be made in the play doh theory actually....it's less ridiculous than the conservative creationist theory

*is converted to the gospel of db9

the doubting thomas has come full circle