ACLU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80sU2isBest said:

Yolland, you're right; you don't understand. This has nothing to do with BVS having a different opinion than mine. It's about a question I asked. BVS not only ignored that question but said I asked something different. Even when I reposted my question, BVS ignored the facts and persisted in avoiding my question.

This is completely different. You claim I avoided the question, but my perspective on the question was different than yours and I pointed that out. There were no facts ignored. There was no defiance.

Now can we please move on?

Your comparison would be accurate if I said there was a study to back up my claim that the world would be a better place, and you showed me I was wrong that no such study exists, and then I proceeded to ignore that.

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:

I reda youir reply to my question. I didn't agree that it was a semantical difference, but had decided not to pursue it. However, since you brought it up, I'll be happy to oblige...

The difference between what you originally wrote, "It makes me ashamed to be a Christian" and what you meant, "The behavior of some Christians brings shame upon Christ" is much more than semantics. The two statements are nothing alike.

That being said, I'm glad you didn't mean the former. I've heard/read that statement too many times, and it always upsets me. So finally, I said something about it.

I guess what I meant was that there are times when I'm ashamed or embarrassed that to be called by the name Christian means that hateful, prejudiced views would be assumed to be attached to me by virtue of my being a Christian.

I can't speak for anyone else you've heard make that statement--I've never really heard anyone express or indicate that they are "ashamed to be a Christian"outside of, I suppose the world of adolescenthood where some Christian teens perhaps feel "ashamed" of their faith and play it down in order to seem "cool." I know no such embarrassment was motivating me when I made that statement.

I still argue that it was a case of semantics, but I promise I won't go back and forth with you on that issue for a couple of pages. :)

maycocksean said:

I still argue that it was a case of semantics, but I promise I won't go back and forth with you on that issue for a couple of pages. :)

Thanks. I do believe that you didn't mean it the way I misunderstood it, so that's cool with me.

Back
Top Bottom