ACK! Closed too soon on abortion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rini

The Fly
Dear Forum Moderator Yolland,

I was challenged to prove several points on the "What's your take on abortion" thread by several people, and have been marshalling my facts and references (basically I've been writing a outlined term paper)...and find now the thread is closed. What should I do? I will abide by the rules....but am about to explode with facts, names and figures! Help!

Wait a week until the next abortion thread starts up and then get in quick. They all go to hell after a couple of pages anyway. :)

Hi Rini,

As indra just suggested, I closed that thread because, like many earlier (and doubtless future) threads on this topic, it was showing clear signs of dissolving into back-and-forth bickering between posters who weren't listening to each other anymore. Unfortunately, thread closures always mean a few people will be left banging their heads because they didn't get to post that last reply they'd been laboring over--it's happened to me lots of times, so I fully understand how you feel. However, since that thread is now closed and spinoff threads are not allowed (per Forum Rules, which is why I'm locking this one too), it really wouldn't be fair to anyone else for me to add your new post to the locked thread. And if I reopened it, the same cycle that led me to close it would resume again in short order.

Please feel free to email me if you'd like to pursue the matter further though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom