Academy Awards You Rock!!!!! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:39 PM
I feel like I should go see "The Aviator," but I think I have an allergic reaction to Leonardo DiCaprio. He's one of those actors who annoy the hell out of me.

Old 01-26-2005, 02:22 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:39 AM
I have no idea of the nominations, but with regards to the Globes, I am offended that Natalie Portman won over Meryl and Cate. She's a good actor, good at what she does but not as flexible. So, was she nominated at all this time?

foray

Old 01-26-2005, 02:39 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:39 AM
Mmph. I know the answer now. And Paul Giamatti was given a miss. Great
Old 01-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by foray
Mmph. I know the answer now
Horny guy voters? Natalie was flexible bending over as a stripper

Seriously, I did think she was good in Closer. I don't know how you compare such varied performances
Old 01-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Good for him..

While his fellow Oscar nominees basked in accolades and air kisses, Don Cheadle was wrapping up three days of living in a tent while visiting refugees from the genocidal conflict in Sudan. Tapped for Best Actor on Tuesday for his role in "Hotel Rwanda," Cheadle hits Capitol Hill today to talk to the media about his experiences in refugee camps on Chad's border with Sudan's Darfur region.

The actor joined five members of Congress in a delegation headed by Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.). Also on the trip: Paul Rusesabagina, the hotel manager who sheltered more than 1,200 people during the Rwandan genocide a decade ago. (Cheadle portrays him in the movie.)

In recent months, Cheadle and the "Hotel Rwanda" filmmakers have been screening the movie for diplomats and U.N. officials to promote Western peacekeeping efforts in Africa. We're told the actor had no idea he was nominated until after he touched down in Chad's capital, N'Djamena, late Tuesday.

"Once he had phone service again, after being out of contact for three days, he got the call from Los Angeles," said Riva Levinson, a Washington publicist on international issues, who was traveling with Cheadle.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

oh well, Fahrenheit did get awards after all..

"Halle Berry won an Academy Award. Now she's won a Razzie. George W. Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger won elections. Now they've won Razzies.

Berry was picked Saturday as worst actress for 2004's action bomb "Catwoman," which also took the prize for worst film at the 25th annual Razzies, an Oscar spoof that trashes Hollywood's lowpoints.

Mr. Bush won the worst-actor award for his appearance in news and archival footage of Michael Moore's satiric documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11." Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was voted worst supporting-actor for "Fahrenheit 9/11," while Britney Spears' fleeting cameo in the documentary brought her the worst supporting-actress Razzie.

Razzies founder John Wilson said the prizes were not meant to mock Moore's film, only the statements Mr. Bush and the others make while "putting their highly paid, highly skilled feet in their mouths repeatedly and sucking on them."
Old 02-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
Collateral is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've lost all faith in the Oscars!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:39 AM
sideways
nicelittlemovie

got one award for sreenplay

fine
Old 02-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #39
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:39 PM
My 2 cents:

Sorry Martin Scorsese but I don't think the Aviator is even in your top ten. Stop trying for an Oscar and you'll get one.

Even a nomination of F 9/11 for best picture would have been a slap in the face to any actor or director who has devoted his/her life to their art.

Pitting F9/11 against the Passion was a bogus media creation. The two have nothing in common. The Passion is not a political movie. I wouldn't expect it to win Best Picture but a nomination would have been nice especially in this year's weak field.

Natalie Portman should be banned for life from the Oscars for her performance in Phantom Menace.

I wouldn't have minded if Clive Owen would have won, although Closer should have been rated NC-17.

Sideways was funny but not best picture material in my not so humble opinion.

Looking forward to seeing Ray.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:22 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by drhark
My 2 cents:

Sorry Martin Scorsese but I don't think the Aviator is even in your top ten. Stop trying for an Oscar and you'll get one.
I'd say Scorsese didn't try hard -enough-. Next time he should: a) cast himself in a lead role in his next film since Academy obviously loves actors-directors; b) make a heart-tugging tearjerker with suffering heart-of-gold characters,

And Natalie Portman's turn in Phantom Menace IMO had more to do with Lucas' awful writing and complete disinterest in directing living actors. I feel really sorry for every actor involved.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:53 PM   #41
Refugee

LPU2..I second the "fun." At my screening, when Britney said her piecem somebody in the back of the theater yelled, "F*$^#%G whore!" The aidience cheered. Classic!