Abuse of Equal Rights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Migrants use gay marriage loophole

LAWYERS are prepared to advise potential immigrants how to gain British citizenship by signing up for “gay marriages” even if they are heterosexual.

Undercover reporters were told by six different firms of solicitors how to exploit a loophole in the civil partnership rules to get passports.

Immigrants face less rigorous tests if they seek to gain British citizenship through a civil partnership than through a heterosexual marriage.

Under laws that took effect last December, gay people have the same immigration rights as married people — and may secure a full passport after two years in the country.

However, while marriages have to be consummated to qualify there is no such requirement on couples in a civil partnership. It is thus not illegal for two heterosexual friends to form a civil partnership and then to “divorce” after two years once the foreigner has gained British citizenship.

Last week register offices in London, Essex and Leeds recorded 27 foreigners out of a total of 217 people who had declared their intention to form a civil partnership. Six out of 14 recorded at Bristol involve a foreigner who could be eligible for British citizenship.

Several firms of immigration lawyers advertise their services in gay publications and some solicitors explain on their websites the immigration benefits of civil partnerships.
link

Well on the plus side even the most hardened Islamic terrorist would be hard pressed to enter into one of these arrangements for citizenship.

I really don't know how you're going to prove that a heterosexual marriage was consummated anyway beyond taking them at their word.

Melon

:huh: :scratch: Erm...well, I guess you could go to a doctor immediately after "consummating" and have the woman undergo the same battery of exams a rape victim would...but that would be incredibly invasive, I can't believe they would require something like that.

Back
Top Bottom