Abu Musab al-Zarqawi may be dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
This is the best news I've heard in a long time. Let's hope that it is true.

:applaud: :applaud:

What, again?

This is about the fourth or fifth time 'reliable sources' have reported al-Zarqawi dead.

Al-Zarqawi is seemingly some kind of mythic vampire, that can resurrect himself every time a new atrocity occurs, to be duly blamed for it by large parts of the main stream media.

financeguy said:
What, again?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The articles are curiously written that they "hope" al-Zarqawi was there. They have absolutely no idea if he is or not, but they do believe they've gotten a house of Al Qaeda people.

Melon

financeguy said:

Al-Zarqawi is seemingly some kind of mythic vampire, that can resurrect himself every time a new atrocity occurs, to be duly blamed for it by large parts of the main stream media.

Yeah, the media has been pretty effective in repeating his name enough to the point where it's almost as familiar as bin Laden's. I'm assuming that's the point...once Saddam's gone, they need to create a bin Laden for this war, a human representation of the "evildoer."

At any rate, I hope the bastard's dead! :wink:

financeguy said:
Er I wasn't. Did you read my post? :huh:

Actually, I was in agreement with you from the start. Sorry if it came across any differently. My generally scathing sarcasm doesn't always come across correctly. :sexywink:

Melon

melon said:
Actually, I was in agreement with you from the start. Sorry if it came across any differently. My generally scathing sarcasm doesn't always come across correctly. :sexywink:

Melon

Ah yes. Reading you loud and clear. :lol:

By murdering so many innocent Muslims both in Iraq and now in Jordan I think that this figure may have over extended his reach.

But the problems posed by his ilk are greater than any individual and for every Hambali, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, Azahari or even Bin Laden or Zarqawi that is eliminated there are those that would fill that void.

NBC News and news services
Updated: 8:45 a.m. ET Nov. 21, 2005

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. forces "just missed" capturing terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in a gunfight over the weekend in the northern city of Mosul, U.S. military sources told NBC News on Monday.

The military had intelligence that indicated al-Zarqawi was meeting with high-level Iraq in al-Qaida lieutenants, a Pentagon source said.

As soldiers closed in on the site, there was an exchange of small arms fire, then it appears the three al-Qaida suspects blew themselves up to avoid capture.

The military is conducting DNA tests on flesh and blood recovered from the scene, but a Pentagon official said indications are that al-Zarqawi is not among those killed.

"The information was solid. We just missed him," said one Pentagon source.

Separately, White House spokesman Trent Duffy said Sunday that reports of al-Zarqawi's death were "highly unlikely and not credible."

"We have no indication that al-Zarqawi was killed in this fight and we continue operations to search for him," added Lt. Col. Barry Johnson, a U.S. military spokesman.

Interesting twist on the news. The "exchange of small arms fire" lasted for hours until the "suspects" ran out of ammunition and committed suicide ("blew themselves up to avoid capture" sounds so heroic).

Sounds like al-Zarqawi's support group got a little bit smaller.

nbcrusader said:
The "exchange of small arms fire" lasted for hours until the "suspects" ran out of ammunition and committed suicide ("blew themselves up to avoid capture" sounds so heroic).

Very disappointing for Cheney and the torture brigades.

nbcrusader said:

Sounds like al-Zarqawi's support group got a little bit smaller.

US Soldiers Kill Iraqi Family

Baghdad, Nov 21 (Press) US troops opened fire on a civilian vehicle Monday at a checkpoint near the city of Baquba, killing five members of an Iraqi family including children, as US forces launched a new offensive in Ar Ramadi, Anbar province.

An Iraqi police report said two men and three children were killed and two women and a child were wounded in the shooting.

Some witnesses were quoted as saying that the family was traveling to a funeral at the time of the attack.

The US military said the minibus they were traveling in failed to stop as it approached a checkpoint at about 08:00 local time on Monday.

Ahmed Kamel al-Sawamara, a 22-year-old who was driving the car, said he had no time to react when shots began raining down.

"The soldiers started shooting at us from all over. I slowed down and pulled off the road, but they continued firing.

"I saw my family killed, one after the other, and then the car caught fire. I dragged their bodies out."

they will easily be replaced
and then some

Back
Top Bottom