Abu Abbas nabbed. Long sought terrorist, hiding in Baghdad..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i'm assuming we have an extradition agreement with Italy so I believe we have to hand him over.

as for why we let him stay there. who knows? perhaps we couldn't go in to Iraq to get him, perhaps we wanted to wait for the right time. And as mentioned earlier, you don't have bin Laden, you have to go somewhere else to make people forget your failures.

ouizy said:
who says we don't have bin ladin?

:wink:

If we're parading around Saddam's half-brother and some guy that was a terrorist 15 years ago, we'd be parading around bin Laden as soon as we found the guy.

Who says GWB doesn't want to get reelected? :wink:

ouizy:

I don't know the US law system, but in Germany after a certain time (example 3 years for most "small" crimes)
If you think about what he has done (murdered one, threatened lots more) this timespan is for sure longer.

But we also should remember that there was a amnesty-deal . Do only the people of the country (israel) have to care about that amnesty?
That would mean that in the future every amnesty-deal has to be done with all nations. that would make
a) those deals impossible
or b) we'd need a huge organisation for these things.
Imho at least allied countries should respect the Israelian amnesty-deal with the PLO

Klaus

Back
Top Bottom