Abramoff Pleads Guilty to 3 Felony Charges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Abramoff Pleads Guilty to 3 Felony Charges
Plea Bargain Settles One of Two Fraud Cases Against Lobbyist

By William Branigin, Susan Schmidt and James V. Grimaldi
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, January 3, 2006; 3:30 PM

Former high-powered lobbyist Jack Abramoff pleaded guilty today to three felony charges in a deal with federal prosecutors that helps clear the way for his testimony about members of Congress and congressional staffers in a wide-ranging political corruption investigation.

Let the sweat drip off of the brows of the congressmen on the hill...:evil:

Full article

i can't think of anything more healthy for the country than for the republicans to lose control of congress in 2006 -- bush, drunk on power and a sense of entitlement manifest in his willingness to break the law whenever and wherever he feels like it, needs a strong opposition in order to keep him in check.

i'd say the same things if the party power imbalance were in the reverse and Al Gore had been wiretapping gay student groups at NYU.

Yah I think the republicans are going to have a very hard time keeping their majority in Congress with the 2006 elections :up:. They are SOOOOO corrupt it is amazing! In the last year there have been enough scandals and prolems for them to last a decade :up:

Abramoff Scandal
Scooter Libby (? Karl Rove ? ? Dick Cheney?) Scandal
Randy "Duke" Cunningham Scandal
NSA Wiretap Scandal
I might be forgetting 1 or 2 more...

Anyway, I think they are pretty much done until they can get themselves together, and if you are like me, you hope that itsn't for a very long time.....:evil:

APTOPIX_US_LOBBYIST_FRAUD.sff_DCGH106_20060103164840.jpg

Irvine511 said:
i can't think of anything more healthy for the country than for the republicans to lose control of congress in 2006 -- bush, drunk on power and a sense of entitlement manifest in his willingness to break the law whenever and wherever he feels like it, needs a strong opposition in order to keep him in check.

i'd say the same things if the party power imbalance were in the reverse and Al Gore had been wiretapping gay student groups at NYU.

:up:

U2democrat said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion in this thread...

There's been plenty in my office. We decided this and the Senate blocking Arctic drilling were pretty damn good holiday gifts.

U2democrat said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion in this thread... [/B]

I think we're wisely waiting for more information.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Photograph_shows_Bush_meeting_nowGovernor_of_0123.html

On the heels of a Time Magazine article revealing the existence of photographs of President George W. Bush with fallen conservative superlobbyist Jack Abramoff, RAW STORY has found another photograph of Bush with a leading Abramoff client.

The President appears in a snapshot with Beningo Repeki Fitial, then-Speaker of the House for the Northern Marianas Islands. Fitial is vice president of Tan Holdings – the family conglomerate which owns numerous clothing factories on the islands that were a routine stop for Abramoff-flown lawmakers. Tan Holdings was one of the firms which made up the Saipan Garment Manufacturers’ Association, an Abramoff client.

He was also, incidentally, chairman of the Bush for President Committee for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands

The White House could not be immediately reached for comment. When speaking to Time, a spokesman said, “The President stopped by a meeting with 21 state legislators and two tribal leaders. Available records show that Mr. Abramoff was not in attendance."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1151784,00.html

Back
Top Bottom