Abortion - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:17 AM
Since this is an abortion topic would I get in trouble for linking an abortion video??

I might so I wont.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #32
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

I do believe that life begins at conception (as do the vast majority of embryologoists), but that was not my point. My point simply was that it is a bioligical issue, no matter if you are prochoice or prolife.
Fair enough.

BUT, you keep stating that the vast majority of embryologists believe this, yet you've never been able to back it up.

Simple because it's not true, and every embryologists will tell you how many fertilized eggs don't even get planted into the wall of the uterus.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #33
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Since this is an abortion topic would I get in trouble for linking an abortion video??

I might so I wont.
What would be the point. Would you link someone getting shot point blank in your war thread? Would you link a sugery video in a plastic surgery thread? Should I link someone getting executed in one of your DP threads?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Only if you wan't
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Fair enough.

BUT, you keep stating that the vast majority of embryologists believe this, yet you've never been able to back it up.

Simple because it's not true, and every embryologists will tell you how many fertilized eggs don't even get planted into the wall of the uterus.
It is true, and in one of my first "embyologists" posts, I said go to Google and type in "embryologists" and "when life begins", and you will see many many results, andyou will see that the vast majority of these conclude that life does begin at conception. In fact, I don't think I found one that said anything different.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The only reason I say this is because for some reason we care about foe and friend alike because there human beings but a video showing a babies arms and such being sucked out, is not considered human life.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #37
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It is true, and in one of my first "embyologists" posts, I said go to Google and type in "embryologists" and "when life begins", and you will see many many results, andyou will see that the vast majority of these conclude that life does begin at conception. In fact, I don't think I found one that said anything different.
And as I told you then, I did that and never found a reliable source.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

What would be the point. (1) Would you link someone getting shot point blank in your war thread? Would you link a sugery video in a plastic surgery thread? (2) Should I link someone getting executed in one of your DP threads?
(1) and (2) are all pretty brutal videos you're describing there, BVS. Are you comparing these videos to a video of an abortion?
Hmmm...BVS comparing an abortion video to videos of human life being terminated. I wonder what the correlation is...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #39
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

(1) and (2) are all pretty brutal videos you're describing there, BVS. Are you comparing these videos to a video of an abortion?
Hmmm...BVS comparing an abortion video to videos of human life being terminated. I wonder what the correlation is...
The point is they are all graphic. And since most of our more controversial threads are about human life in someway I made these analogies.

Buy hey, nice try.

On a side note, the video that Justin describes is a late term abortion and I'm not a big fan unless the mother's life is in danger...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Have you seen the video I am talking about?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

And as I told you then, I did that and never found a reliable source.
How many sources, regardless of whether you deem them "reliable" or not, did you find that support the contrary idea about embryologists?

And what criteria would a source need to meet in order to be considered "reliable" by you?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:

It is true, and in one of my first "embyologists" posts, I said go to Google and type in "embryologists".
I did
and I got a buuch of in-vitro fertilization clinics.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Have you seen the video I am talking about?
I have seen video, I don't know if it's the same one... But the process you describe sounds like a late term abortion.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #44
The Male

Local Time: 07:17 AM
I've got to side with 80's here. A fetus is a potential human life, and, under the right circumstances, it will become a human. I personally wouldn't want killing that on my conscience, but that's just me.

HOWEVER(!) a mother's life has greater weight in my eyes than a fetus's does. So, as a result, here are my opinions:

1. Using abortion as birth control is wrong. This is a horrible thing. If the mother was too irresponsible to use birth control before sex (which I know does not work 100% of the time, but still) she deserves to deal with the pain of birthing a baby.

2. If a woman is raped, the situation is split in my mind. Personally, I think she should go through with having the child and if she can't deal with it, put it up for adoption so someone else can give the child love. If she aborts, however, I understand why she would, but I would have to say she made the wrong choice.

3. If the woman's life is in danger by going through with childbirth, the baby should be aborted. It hurts me to say that, but as I said before, a mother's life has greater weight in my eyes than a fetus's does.

All my opinion, and I'm a bit split on the issue, but generally, I can't say I'm for it.

Now.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #45
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

How many sources, regardless of whether you deem them "reliable" or not, did you find that support the contrary idea about embryologists?

And what criteria would a source need to meet in order to be considered "reliable" by you?
Just link me one for goodness sake.

I guarantee you they will all be from pro-life sites and little to no true reference. The fact I told you before is just one reason. No scienctist in their right mind would consider conception the beginning of life.