Abercrombie and Fitch - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2003, 03:45 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:46 AM
a coworker of mine's son actually has been in a few a/f ads... he's black

Old 12-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #17
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Thanks! See you in PLEBA!
Yeah see you there

Old 12-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #18
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm

Also, FUBU (or similiar stores) do not claim to make "All American Clothing." I don't think it's fair to claim an image is "all-american" when it includes only thin, model, blond/blue-eyed image.
your right there.....but I dont' think that is AF's fault.....isn't that the image that has been around for years....the all american look being blond hair blue eyes....jock...wearing polo...stuff like that
Old 12-11-2003, 03:55 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
All men and women had to get manicures and pedicures. And the worse story he told me was that they had weigh-ins. They wouldn't put people on shift for several days if they gained weight. They had some pretty dirty business practices, after he quit he told me quite a bit.
Thanks for sharing that w/ us

How disgusting, doesn't surprise me though. How can they get away w/ that stuff? It's about time ex-employees blow the whistle on them.

And I'd be willing to bet they put African Americans in their ads to "fill a quota" too. I'm sure your coworker's son is quite handsome and qualified headache, but I don't see where they use African Americans in their ads on a regular basis. Of course I could be wrong about that... I really don't care to look at their "ads".
Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I have a friend who managed a AF store. He's hispanic. He was told out right that he was hired because "people were getting on them to fill a quota". They are very paticular about image. All men and women had to get manicures and pedicures. And the worse story he told me was that they had weigh-ins. They wouldn't put people on shift for several days if they gained weight. They had some pretty dirty business practices, after he quit he told me quite a bit.

hmm...I'm not going to take up for A&F...but I will tell you I worked there and didn't face any of this.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:34 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
All of this sounds crazy. I didn't see that show...but just from the various things people have said about the show and the stores in general and stuff in this thread....

I have bad memories of Abercrombie & Fitch-I've never been in one of their stores, but I knew kids at my high school in the town I originally was from who wore those clothes-they were the uppity rich kids. And according to them, apparently, since I didn't wear their clothes, since my stuff was hand-me-downs or was from KMart, I was some sort of freak. .

Angela
Old 12-12-2003, 12:40 AM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by *BOOMCHAA!*

hmm...I'm not going to take up for A&F...but I will tell you I worked there and didn't face any of this.
I don't know it may have just been his market. I mean he got treated well(with the exception of the quota statement), he's a great sales person and manager, but he just hated the things that were going on around him. He finally said morally he just couldn't do it.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:57 AM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 05:46 AM
I have had a problem with A&F since they decided to market underware for little girls that had "eye candy" studded on the backs!
Old 12-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:46 AM
I just want to say yay for someone else thinking their clothes are poor quality! I went into an AF store once to look at sweaters, and most of the sweaters had huge holes where the hangers had torn through the stitching.

I have one or two A&F shirts....I think I gave one away when I moved, but I can't remember........Anyway, I only have them because a friend gave them to me when she decided she didn't want them anymore, and I always take free clothes when they're offered.