ABC News Special On Rwanda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Hotel Rwanda a few weeks ago and it was pretty enlightening and sad of course. I went to Tanzania for a development class for the month of January. A lot of the Rwandan refugees are in Tanzania.

If you do (rent it), my aunt mentioned something to me about watching it w/ the subtitles on. I'm kinda confused since it was in English, but maybe there's additional info in the subtitles...I dunno, but this is what she suggested.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
If you do (rent it), my aunt mentioned something to me about watching it w/ the subtitles on. I'm kinda confused since it was in English, but maybe there's additional info in the subtitles...I dunno, but this is what she suggested.

I just saw it on DVD and wish I'd thought to turn on the subtitles. It's in heavily-accented English and I found myself rewinding a lot because I didn't always catch what they were saying the first time.

I kept procrastinating seeing the film because I knew it would be devastating. It was. :sad: :sad: :sad:

don cheadle was nothing short of amazing in this film. :heart:

i saw it at the theatre a couple of months back. i was literally disoriented when i stumbled out of the theatre after. i remember i needed to buy groceries, but i couldn't function well enough to navigate the supermarket--it seemed so... unimportant. it took me two days to recover from the impact of it. and that was just from watching the movie. i can't begin to fathom how people survive such extreme circumstances.

:sad:

Last edited:
I haven't seen this movie, but I have seen another great (if you could say that) movie on the Rwandan genocide called "Sometimes in April." I would really reccomend it, it was so heartbreaking to watch. It kills me to know that we let that happen only a decade ago, I can't even wrap my head around it.

Like joyfulgirl, I've been putting off seeing Hotel Rwanda because I know how terrible it'll make me feel. :sad:

starsgoblue said:
Nightline on ABC is having a special on a look into Rwanda and the surrounding area right now. The star from Hotel Rwanda is narrating.

Seeing the refugee camps...:sad:
Have you seen Frontline: Ghost of Rwanda? is an amazing documentary shown in public television.. (here is channel 13 WNET NY) They showed stories, photos (really crude images from the genocide) , interviews. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom