AA-12. World's Deadliest Shotgun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paper targets on a board are one thing

it needs to be tested against children throwing stones, before we can justify a large government contract.

"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

~from the book and film
Shane

the iron horse said:
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

~from the book and film
Shane

A gun is a tool? And what's the task or purpose?

To kill.

Personally I like my tools to be productive rather than destructive.

Fishing hooks are morally wrong too.

A gun is a tool to make a projectile move quickly in a direction, are they really made to hunt down people?

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

I hope you dont own a hammer lol. All my dads tools are destructive. King of DIY he is not :lol:

A_Wanderer said:

A gun is a tool to make a projectile move quickly in a direction, are they really made to hunt down people?

yes. that's their intended function. to put a bullet into someone or something.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

A gun is a tool? And what's the task or purpose?

To kill.

And so your kitchen contains no knives?

I live in a rural area on a farm.

I'm going to guess you live in a city.

I think that's why our views on firearms differ.

the iron horse said:

You need the world's deadliest shotgun on a farm? Are farmers dying by the dozens without it to defend themselves?

the iron horse said:

I'm going to guess you've never seen the result of a shotgun to the head in an autopsy or crime scene? Actually, most people never have, but it doesn't make your views less valid. It might explain 'why our views on firearms differ' though.

the iron horse said:

Living in the city has nothing to do with it.

And yes I have knives. Knives are needed to cut food in order to cook. If you kill your own food, then yes a gun can be used, but assault rifles, handguns or gas powered shotguns aren't used for that...

anitram said:

You need the world's deadliest shotgun on a farm? Are farmers dying by the dozens without it to defend themselves?

First, you need to forget that ugly pic of the world's most deadliest shotgun.

You are making the mistake, so many make, by judging a frearm by how bad it looks. If it looks 'bad' it should be banned. The assault weapons ban from the 90s played this card.

A single shot 16ga does not look bad, but it can be just a deadly in the hands of an evil person.

And farmers?

The farmers where I live, who all own firearms, are not killing each other.

Give me one reason why you need to be in possession of an assault weapon.

Angela Harlem said:

I'm going to guess you've never seen the result of a shotgun to the head in an autopsy or crime scene? Actually, most people never have, but it doesn't make your views less valid. It might explain 'why our views on firearms differ' though.

I have been to suicide crime scene.

anitram said:
Give me one reason why you need to be in possession of an assault weapon.

Give me one reason why you see a difference in a single shot shotgun and a assault rifle.

To me the type of firearm is not the problem.

The problem is evil people.

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.

the iron horse said:

First, you need to forget that ugly pic of the world's most deadliest shotgun.

You are making the mistake, so many make, by judging a frearm by how bad it looks. If it looks 'bad' it should be banned. The assault weapons ban from the 90s played this card.

A single shot 16ga does not look bad, but it can be just a deadly in the hands of an evil person.

And farmers?

The farmers where I live, who all own firearms, are not killing each other.

It has nothing to do with looks... No normal citizen needs a large capacity magazine, muzzle brake, collapsable stock, etc... Unless you are out to kill, therefore not a tool.

Don't kid yourself.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It has nothing to do with looks... No normal citizen needs a large capacity magazine, muzzle brake, collapsable stock, etc... Unless you are out to kill, therefore not a tool.

Don't kid yourself.

I'm not the one kidding myself into believing that inanimate objects are responsible for evil acts in this world.

the iron horse said:

Give me one reason why you see a difference in a single shot shotgun and a assault rifle.

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.

So how do you screen evil people?

I sell you and evil person the same assault rifle. You can kill multiple chickens in a matter of seconds, and the evil person can kill multiple people in a matter of seconds. You sell them both a single shot, and guess what? The odds of taking out several people in a class room just gets reduced.

But because you want to kill multiple chickens in a matter of seconds means we allow this destruction in the wrong hands? :huh:

the iron horse said:

I'm not the one kidding myself into believing that inanimate objects are responsible for evil acts in this world.

But you are kidding yourself that people need the means to this type of destruction...

I don't fall for this whole guns don't kill people, people kill people argument, it's weak.

If you really believed that, then why not allow me to buy a tank or a fully equipped F-16? Hell let's make nukes legal?

the iron horse said:

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.

If it were up to me, shotguns would be banned too (except for hunting/farming purposes).

I think if people who so adamantly defend their right to pack an AK-47 perhaps redirected their energies to things like affordable healthcare for their fellow citizens and better schools for their children, theirs would be a much better country. Of all the "rights" one could possibly be fighting for, this one should rank somewhere around #714.

the iron horse said:

Why would any normal citizen need a gun capable of firing 100s of rounds a minute?

Back
Top Bottom