AA-12. World's Deadliest Shotgun! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse

I live in a rural area on a farm.

I'm going to guess you live in a city.

I think that's why our views on firearms differ.
You need the world's deadliest shotgun on a farm? Are farmers dying by the dozens without it to defend themselves?
__________________

__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #17
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse





And so your kitchen contains no knives?

I live in a rural area on a farm.

I'm going to guess you live in a city.

I think that's why our views on firearms differ.
I'm going to guess you've never seen the result of a shotgun to the head in an autopsy or crime scene? Actually, most people never have, but it doesn't make your views less valid. It might explain 'why our views on firearms differ' though.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,647
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse





And so your kitchen contains no knives?

I live in a rural area on a farm.

I'm going to guess you live in a city.

I think that's why our views on firearms differ.
Living in the city has nothing to do with it.

And yes I have knives. Knives are needed to cut food in order to cook. If you kill your own food, then yes a gun can be used, but assault rifles, handguns or gas powered shotguns aren't used for that...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram


You need the world's deadliest shotgun on a farm? Are farmers dying by the dozens without it to defend themselves?

First, you need to forget that ugly pic of the world's most deadliest shotgun.

You are making the mistake, so many make, by judging a frearm by how bad it looks. If it looks 'bad' it should be banned. The assault weapons ban from the 90s played this card.

A single shot 16ga does not look bad, but it can be just a deadly in the hands of an evil person.


And farmers?

The farmers where I live, who all own firearms, are not killing each other.
__________________
the iron horse is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Give me one reason why you need to be in possession of an assault weapon.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


I'm going to guess you've never seen the result of a shotgun to the head in an autopsy or crime scene? Actually, most people never have, but it doesn't make your views less valid. It might explain 'why our views on firearms differ' though.

I have been to suicide crime scene.
__________________
the iron horse is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Give me one reason why you need to be in possession of an assault weapon.


Give me one reason why you see a difference in a single shot shotgun and a assault rifle.

To me the type of firearm is not the problem.

The problem is evil people.

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.
__________________
the iron horse is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,647
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse



First, you need to forget that ugly pic of the world's most deadliest shotgun.

You are making the mistake, so many make, by judging a frearm by how bad it looks. If it looks 'bad' it should be banned. The assault weapons ban from the 90s played this card.

A single shot 16ga does not look bad, but it can be just a deadly in the hands of an evil person.


And farmers?

The farmers where I live, who all own firearms, are not killing each other.
It has nothing to do with looks... No normal citizen needs a large capacity magazine, muzzle brake, collapsable stock, etc... Unless you are out to kill, therefore not a tool.

Don't kid yourself.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


It has nothing to do with looks... No normal citizen needs a large capacity magazine, muzzle brake, collapsable stock, etc... Unless you are out to kill, therefore not a tool.

Don't kid yourself.


I'm not the one kidding myself into believing that inanimate objects are responsible for evil acts in this world.
__________________
the iron horse is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,647
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse




Give me one reason why you see a difference in a single shot shotgun and a assault rifle.

To me the type of firearm is not the problem.

The problem is evil people.

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.
So how do you screen evil people?

I sell you and evil person the same assault rifle. You can kill multiple chickens in a matter of seconds, and the evil person can kill multiple people in a matter of seconds. You sell them both a single shot, and guess what? The odds of taking out several people in a class room just gets reduced.

But because you want to kill multiple chickens in a matter of seconds means we allow this destruction in the wrong hands?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #26
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,647
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse




I'm not the one kidding myself into believing that inanimate objects are responsible for evil acts in this world.
But you are kidding yourself that people need the means to this type of destruction...

I don't fall for this whole guns don't kill people, people kill people argument, it's weak.

If you really believed that, then why not allow me to buy a tank or a fully equipped F-16? Hell let's make nukes legal?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,647
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.
Maybe your translation...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Maybe your translation...



My translation?


I'm out of this thread.

We are talking, but not listening or trying to come to a reasoning
or understanding on this topic.


Take care
__________________
the iron horse is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse

Give me one reason why you see a difference in a single shot shotgun and a assault rifle.

To me the type of firearm is not the problem.

The problem is evil people.

"Thou shall not murder."
The Bible calls it sin.
If it were up to me, shotguns would be banned too (except for hunting/farming purposes).

I think if people who so adamantly defend their right to pack an AK-47 perhaps redirected their energies to things like affordable healthcare for their fellow citizens and better schools for their children, theirs would be a much better country. Of all the "rights" one could possibly be fighting for, this one should rank somewhere around #714.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #30
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse




I'm not the one kidding myself into believing that inanimate objects are responsible for evil acts in this world.
Why would any normal citizen need a gun capable of firing 100s of rounds a minute?
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com