A Very Beazley Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this thread actually going to become a problem?

Barney and Miss Beazley kissed and made up at the end, so maybe humans could learn from their example. Or maybe I forgot- no humor in FYM

financeguy said:
Bring Latham back. :wink:

Despite the hammering of his reputation, Latham would still make a better opposition leader than Beazley, let alone a better PM than Beazley AND Howard.

His education policies may have been radical, but at least he brought the disgusting inequalities of both lower and higher education in Australia into media focus.

Meanwhile, inequality in Australian education still rages on in it's discriminatory and selfish form...

MrsSpringsteen said:
Is this thread actually going to become a problem?

Barney and Miss Beazley kissed and made up at the end, so maybe humans could learn from their example. Or maybe I forgot- no humor in FYM

Your Beazley is a woman, and ours just has a woman's name :lol:
I promise to not assist in derailing your thread so I shall leave my soapbox-ing on my government for another day.

intedomine said:

Despite the hammering of his reputation, Latham would still make a better opposition leader than Beazley, let alone a better PM than Beazley AND Howard.

His education policies may have been radical, but at least he brought the disgusting inequalities of both lower and higher education in Australia into media focus.

Meanwhile, inequality in Australian education still rages on in it's discriminatory and selfish form...
What part sof our education system is this disgusting inequality present?

Is it the existence of private schools that parents can choose to send their kids too or the existence of state schools?

Would a voucher system for all parents be a better way to go rather than some batshit crazy policy of redistribution.

A_Wanderer said:
What part sof our education system is this disgusting inequality present?

Is it the existence of private schools that parents can choose to send their kids too or the existence of state schools?

Would a voucher system for all parents be a better way to go rather than some batshit crazy policy of redistribution.

Some kids just so happen to have parents who earn enough to be able to send them to a school where the child can enjoy abundant and established sporting, artistic and academic facilites.

Some kids just so happen to have parents (or often a single parent), who cannot spare $10000 to spend on a year's worth of these facilites.

Why should they miss out on all these opporutnities? It is not their fault their parents cannot afford it.

If there does exist a decent, fair, legititimate viable ladder of capatalist opportunity in modern Australia, then it has been devastatingly corrupted by the advantages given to some children who are aged no more than 5.

That is not equality, and privilege and opportunity based on money, location, gender, and family should NEVER determine the future of a child. NEVER.

Let's make sure we are the ones to make sure that every child has the right to enjoy ANY and EVERY opportunity they wish, and let's make sure that their right to capitalise and prosper is not hindered by things that are beyond their control.

Let's encourage the equal and logical distribution of finances amongst the nation's schools.

Let's encourage Old Boys and Old Girls to donate funds to the most neediest schools, rather than to their own school who may already have an abundance of quality facilites and may already offer the broadest range of opportunities.

Let's encourage sharing amongst schools. Let's allow the tumbledown state school down the road a chance to use the state of the art swimming complex at the fancy, elite private school.

It's only fair...

We are talking about kids here....

EVERY child, should be given EVERY chance for he or she to prosper in ANY field they wish....

Back
Top Bottom