a time to be serious, a time to find humor... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2003, 05:13 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 07:26 AM
a time to be serious, a time to find humor...

What time is it?

In this thread, say something serious.

If you can't think of anything *serious* to say, then write a joke or tell a funny tale...just make sure everyone *knows* that what you write is JUST a joke!

Thank you.

Peace out!

(the forgoing brought to you by "smile wide" toothpase, for a cleaner, fresher smelling breath and gleaming pearly teeth--oh, the"iron"-ee) and your favorite bitchy but sometimes witty fellow "family" sister, me, Debbie . Thank you all so very much!

Peace, again...

Old 03-09-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:26 PM
A serious rant about a non serious subject.

I thought the internet was supposed to have everything you wanted. So why have I just spent the last 20 minutes searching in vain for pictures of either Matt or Luke Goss to no avail? Has everyone forgotten the wonder that was Bros in the 80's? It would appear so! I, however, am miffed. MIFFED! I only want one lousy picture. It is not too much to ask. I am on a mission to prove once and for all that the brothers Bros were not twins as believed, but triplets and the missing brother is none other than Larry Mullen Jr. think about it people, the blonde hair, those chocolate box good looks, the (somewhat dubious on Bros's behalf) musical talent that shines in at least one sibling. I know they were born years apart, but it doesn't really matter. The gene connection is clear. I want answers, and I want a picture. Damn you teeny boppers who started these geocities sites in the early 90's and have since had your site removed because you realised what a lame pastime a Bros fansite is.

So much for "You can get ANYTHING on the internet!!"

Bullcrap you can!

End of my rant.

**Note: Debbie, I'm going to edit your post to remove your personal details. Nothing else will be edited, I just dont believe people should make themselves available to any old stranger like that, ok? Its for your safety, and done out of concern.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:17 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:26 AM
"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"
---Jay Leno
Old 03-09-2003, 11:40 AM   #4
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:26 AM
I'm not smart enough to be serious
and not fun enough to be humerous

but it's my right to post!
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 03-09-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Here's another "joke demonstration" post.

Are you tired of sewing for weeks on a costume, and then having the colors run and make a mess of the thing when you try to wash it? Do you think the fabric companies should have to print the names of the dyes they used on the fabric on the bolt? If you're tired of fabric that's not colorfast, join us for a rally at Fabric Store X this coming Saturday at noon. We have a whole slew of costumes that have messy dyes on them. We're going to tell the fabric companies no more of their messy dyes!
Old 03-09-2003, 12:53 PM   #6
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:26 AM
Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
--Woody Allen

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

"I just love the French. They taste like chicken!"
---- Hannibal Lecter
Old 03-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
A serious rant about a non serious subject.

I thought the internet was supposed to have everything you wanted. So why have I just spent the last 20 minutes searching in vain for pictures of either Matt or Luke Goss to no avail? Has everyone forgotten the wonder that was Bros in the 80's? It would appear so! I, however, am miffed. MIFFED! I only want one lousy picture. It is not too much to ask. I am on a mission to prove once and for all that the brothers Bros were not twins as believed, but triplets and the missing brother is none other than Larry Mullen Jr. think about it people, the blonde hair, those chocolate box good looks, the (somewhat dubious on Bros's behalf) musical talent that shines in at least one sibling. I know they were born years apart, but it doesn't really matter. The gene connection is clear. I want answers, and I want a picture. Damn you teeny boppers who started these geocities sites in the early 90's and have since had your site removed because you realised what a lame pastime a Bros fansite is.

So much for "You can get ANYTHING on the internet!!"

Bullcrap you can!

End of my rant.

**Note: Debbie, I'm going to edit your post to remove your personal details. Nothing else will be edited, I just dont believe people should make themselves available to any old stranger like that, ok? Its for your safety, and done out of concern.
OMG Bros??!!...this brings back old and painful memories...I once saw them going into BBC studio's to perform on Top of the Pops....I had tried to blank it out, but now u've bought it all flooding back....
Old 03-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #9
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"
---Jay Leno
France is certaintly not perfect, but we'd all be still saluting the crown if not for their help in the revolutionary war.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
--- General George S. Patton
Old 03-09-2003, 07:54 PM   #11
War Child

Quote:

"I just love the French. They taste like chicken!"
---- Hannibal Lecter

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
--- General George S. Patton
Old 03-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

dread!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 08:41 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

What??? What did I do now???? I am being serious!!!! OK...you want a joke???
Old 03-09-2003, 10:07 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 03-10-2003, 03:39 AM   #15
Refugee

Quote:
What??? What did I do now???? I am being serious!!!! OK...you want a joke???
...a joke would be the Russian army behind the French army, or the Austrian army in the fight at all...or the Czech army in front of the Russian army...If the French army is behind the United States army, are they behind us or chasing us out into the "arms" of another European country? This is a serious thing, which nation backs who, and it seems only the colonels and generals really know which uniform is an ally...