A Time Limit On Rape - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:19 PM
A Time Limit On Rape

I can't believe that any man would say that a man doesn't have complete control over his ability to stop at any point at all-is there some unstoppable otherworldly force controlling it, like the Star Wars force or something? That is an insult to men, and a cop out. And his other comment is also offensive, as if there is some sort of "non rape" in which the woman consents but changes her mind but it isn't real rape because the guy just can't stop himself and it's not violent and brutal. The notion that a rape has to be violent and brutal in order to be rape certainly "weakens the whole concept of rape". I am confused as to what he thinks "male advocacy" is. What exactly is he advocating?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4786-1,00.html

"If a woman consents to having sex with a man but then during intercourse says no, and the man continues, is it rape?

The answer depends on where you live. The highest courts of seven states, including Connecticut and Kansas, have ruled that a woman may withdraw her consent at any time, and if the man doesn't stop, he is committing rape. Illinois has become the first state to pass legislation giving a woman that right to change her mind. But in Maryland--as well as in North Carolina--when a woman says yes, she can't take it back once sex has begun--or, at least, she can't call the act rape.

That was the recent ruling by Maryland's Court of Special Appeals in a case that may soon make its way to the state's highest court and that has captured the attention of feminists and legal experts across the country.."

Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

am a bit confused -- if they begin having sex, and then she says no, and then he stops, does that retroactively make the sex preceeding her saying "no" rape?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Here's the answer: As soon as she says no, you stop having sex. If you don't, it's rape.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Here's the answer: As soon as she says no, you stop having sex. If you don't, it's rape.
exactement. jesus christ. do people really need to ponder this?

(not you, irvine )
Old 02-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Quote:
Well of course, but how does this work in court? She now has the phyical evidence of rape...

Now it's he said, she said.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

what if you're mid, um, coitus and when the woman says no, you stop, but ejaculate anyway?

no is no and if the woman says no mid way and you forcibly continue your way through the act it's obviously rape, but if you're mid act, it's been 100% consentual the entire way and then all of a sudden there's a change of heart but the act finishes anyway, even at no will of the male, is that still rape?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:19 PM
I wonder what happens if he doesn't take it sincere the second she says it.
She says no, he didn't get it or thinks that wasn't meant as to "Stop now, I don't want it anymore!"
I mean, if she says no and repeats it or tries to push him aside, but he doesn't make any attempt to stop, okay, that's rape for sure.
But if he just doesn't immediately stop, for whatever reasons, but not that he wanted to force her on doing someithing she doesn't want, it wouldn't be rape.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I'm not sure what I think about it yet; I still need to read all the posts. I thought the thread title was referring to the statue of limitations, but this is interesting indeed...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Kind of like walking out of a movie half-way through?

I guess you better know what you are doing
or you might get a no.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Quote:
Maybe...but it IS NOT the same as violent psychotic rape - not even close. The charges should not be the same. The violent psychotic rapist should get more time. This is the main problem with society today - they tend to classify something and there is no grey area - it's either rape or it's not. There's a huge difference and people should use sound judgement on a case by case basis.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest

Maybe...but it IS NOT the same as violent psychotic rape - not even close. The charges should not be the same. The violent psychotic rapist should get more time. This is the main problem with society today - they tend to classify something and there is no grey area - it's either rape or it's not. There's a huge difference and people should use sound judgement on a case by case basis.
Well, rape is forcible penetration without consent. It either is, or it isn't.

I can't imagine ever being in a situation where I would change my mind halfway through, but a "no" is a "no."

There are women victims of "violent psychotic" rape who are treated and are able to move on, but there are victims of "grey area" rape who are emotionally scarred forever and never get back on their feet. Like other forms of sexual harassment, it's not really up to the perp to decide what is what.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #12
Refugee

Hmmm... what if she finishes, but then says no half way through. What if he finishes before she has a chance to say no?

Ok, I'm just being silly. But yeah, these are some weird, rather micro rules here.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest

Well that's why judges have some discretion in sentencing. That doesn't make the crime any less a rape, however.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:19 AM
what if all of a sudden he says no but she sits on top and doesn´t let him go?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

I can't imagine ever being in a situation where I would change my mind halfway through, but a "no" is a "no."

So you have never walked out on a movie.

or not finished a book you started?