a thought just flashed thru my mind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What if in the far future when internet technology will be so advanced, the entire internet becomes the nth country of the planet Earth? There would be an internet government and one person (descendant of Bill Gates?) to rule them all (eh, this sound LoTR-ish). Just imagine it like Interference on a larger scale.

The hacks would be the criminals, the internet nannies would be the police. There would be firewalls everywhere, I guess! Real life countries would have to pay this Internet Country money because without it, there would be no global post system (e-mail). What we call snailmail now would be Pony Express to them.

Or something.

foray

sounds like a great plot for a movie, foray. Mebbe you should get melon to working on it.

Foray, if you want a really interesting book on just how the internet might affect society as a whole, read "Earth" by David Brinn...quite a fascinating read....

Personally, I feel that the internet/on-line usage will become de rigeur on the planet in the not too distant future....they're already pushing us that way....

eek.gif

interesting indeed...

------------------
headline in tomorrow's papers...
ME!

I can just picture it:

Earth 2020: Global U2 monolith Interference.com launches its new InterferenceCompulsory application, promising to hook up to 2 billion U2 fans to a permanent Web community, via special organic umbilical cables implanted in their foreheads (you can tell I've read too much Dean Koontz in my time), linking them to their desktop PCs.

Work and the economy will be abolished, to be replaced by the 24-hour mindfuck known as InterferenceCompulsory. The corpse of Elvis Presley will be reanimated and dressed in fine livery, to preside over this new worldwide supercommunity. The members of U2 will be deeply disturbed, but will have little choice. They too shall submit to their surgical attachment to InterferenceCompulsory!

[This message has been edited by Kieran McConville (edited 01-17-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom