a sports and political theory an some thoughts i just realized - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 06:10 PM
a sports and political theory an some thoughts i just realized

most Boston Red Sox fans living in Boston are Kerry supporters because Kerry is from Boston and thought Bush ignored papers brought to him by FBI/CIA agents that osama was planning a attack(9/11).

most NY Yankees fans in NYC are Bush supporters because they somehow think Bush helped them through 9/11.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:35 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:10 PM
the entire state of new york (whose population center is nyc) is strongly for kerry. so do you think that there are more mets fans than yankees fans in new york?

Old 11-01-2004, 11:46 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anirban
the entire state of new york (whose population center is nyc) is strongly for kerry. so do you think that there are more mets fans than yankees fans in new york?
oh they are, i did not know this... it was just an assumption i made. i was basing it on that i seen/know/met more bush supporters who are yanks fans. i did not meet many kerry/yanks fans from ny which i thought to be strange.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:28 AM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:10 PM
the entire state of new york is not democratic. a large portion of upstate new york and long island are republican. new york city, which makes up the majority of new york state's population, is democratic, and that's why the numbers historicly lean to the dems in presidential races, and by a good margin. new york does have a republican governor and new york city has a republican mayor, ironicly.

as for your yankee fan thing... well... if it's people you see at the stadium, they tend to be white, irish/italian middle class residents from either long island or northern new jersey... both of those areas lean to the right. that's probably how you came to your assumption.

i'm on long island... and to be perfectly honest with ya, 9 out of 10 people i talk to say they're voting for bush. really shows how votes change based on just a few miles and a demographic shift.