A serious question this time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was having a discussion with a friend and we came upon the subject of cheating on your boy- or girlfriend. She was convinced men cheated more on their girlfriends then women on their boyfriends. She said the reason for this is that when it comes to sex, men tend to think less then women and don't realize the consequences (sp??).

Any comments?

Has anybody here been cheating or did anybody have a spouse who has cheated on them? What are your opinions on cheating in general?

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 07-27-2001).]

Generally speaking sex for men is treated a little more casually than by women. Often women will equate sex with love, and men don't equate the 2 as often.
That being said, men cheat, women certainly cheat, who cheats more...Its hard to say because most people who cheat aren't forthcoming with the info.

Yep, apparently women think "romance" and "forever after", while men... well, sometimes we tend to think NOT with our brain.

But that is no excuse. We aren't apes. We have higher reasoning and intelligence (supposedly). I feel we are called to rise above the primative impulses to hump anything that moves.

AND IT AINT EASY!
But, nothing worthwhile really is, or else everyone would be doing it.

I guess its all about moral standards, maturity, self-respect and respect for others.

... "I must be an acrobat"... Lord have mercy on me.

Peace.

Originally posted by Trash Can:

Yep, apparently women think "romance" and "forever after", while men... well, sometimes we tend to think NOT with our brain.

Like Nicole Kidman's character in Eyes Wide Shut said, "If you men only knew!"

... "I must be an acrobat"...

Apparently so...

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

I think men and women probably both cheat in fairly equal numbers (I mean, who are they cheating with? y'know?) I think men probably TALK about it a bit more, especially to other men.

I think women are more likely to carry on "emotional" affairs where they actually get involved with the person - I think you can take a holiday from your significant other even without having sex if you become overly emotionally involved. I suspect with men, it is probably more physical.

Either way, I'd kill my husband!
wink.gif

------------------
"I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." - Bono
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Like O2:
Awww, you can trust me, Sicy. Me and Salome and any other residents of Salometown.

smile.gif

definately

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Yeah, actually meeting all you guys at the bored I feel I can somewhat pick out the people I know I can trust and that are cool, and the shady people (that I would happily discuss in private..) that creep me out.

smhair2.gif

------------------
~ Mother Sucking Rock And Roll ~

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 07-27-2001).]

i think men and women cheat equally...but men don't have the smarts to cover there tracks
biggrin.gif

no but seriously i think they cheat equally but really i think women can TRICK people into believing what they want (or so they would have us believe...hahaha)...ya so in conclusion women can just cover their tracks more...and also...i mean...most guys (if its just a girlfriend boyfriend situation) would forgive a mate (i think) for a little tail

but thats just my uneducated 2?

please correct me if i'm wrong..which i probably am

What Hewson said is absolutely correct.

I had an awful experience with someone I met on the net.... which led to me breaking up with my boyfriend and then "cheating" on him. I thought I found my soul mate. Boy was I wrong.

frown.gif

I've learned a great deal from that experience and will probly never trust another soul from the net again.

newburn.gif

------------------
~ Mother Sucking Rock And Roll ~

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I've learned a great deal from that experience and will probly never trust another soul from the net again.

Awww, you can trust me, Sicy. Me and Salome and any other residents of Salometown.

smile.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

As much as I believe in forgiveness (heck, The Lord sure has forgiven me of a WHOLE LOT), this is one area in which I think I would fail miserably. If my wife had sex with another man, she might as well pack her bags the minute I find out, because I ain't wasting no time crying to her and begging her to be faithful to me. She'd be out on her keister that very minute. I would eventually forgive her (I think), but I'm not gonna give her the chance to do it again. I think the divorce would probably be final before I began to forgive her.

yea, I would believe men would cheat more......but whats crazy is when its done once, a woman, can forgive.........
mad.gif

she takes him back, and then he can fling round all he wants knowing she cant really be without him.......
mad.gif

of course, Im so wrong loike.

Trust me... you CAN'T trust me...unfortunately.

At least I'm honest.

AND I'm workin on that "trust thing".

And YES, I AM an acrobat!

yes... yes I do. I "act like this and talk like that".
I JUST used to "act like this". "This", meaning I acted like an irresponsible, immature, unloving, hypocritical, unfaithful, self-destructive, hateful person. Much of "this" is gone now. Thanks to Jesus Christ, friends, and "healing" that I have found and has been shown to me. It's a continious work in progress. I still want to fall into the hole sometimes. I still do. I know I must not though.
(Trash Can sez, as "Walk On" is actually playing in the background, here at Kinkos)

Someone once told me that "religion" is for people that don't want to go to hell. "True faith and spirituality" is for people that HAVE been to hell... and don't want to go back.

I dont want to go back... so I "talk like this"... and work on NOT "acting like that" anymore.

Hmmm... I've said too much yet again.

Oh well. Sue me... Sue.
smile.gif

Peace

Back
Top Bottom