A REVOLUTION I think we can ALL get behind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: don't point those things at me

deep said:

they could be explosive

have you heard about the rocket fuel?

Cue up the opening scene from "Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me".

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think the real question is why do men have nipples? They serve no purpose.

The nipples are formed in the womb before gender is determined. So just in case you'll need them, everyone gets 'em.

I need em.....I need em......

Very helpful when I lose my clicker.

Moonlit_Angel said:

And girls never create a hoopla when they see a good-looking guy without a shirt on?

Again, if there's a bunch of hoopla over the girl being shirtless, that's the people creating the hoopla's thing to deal with.

Angela

Very true....

When I take my shirt off, my wife gets out the razor....

When she takes her shirt off.......

There is a bunch of hoopla.......hours and hours....some times days.....

weekends.....

Of course, my Dr. warned me about the effects of theose four hour....

Ummmmm

Never mind.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think the real question is why do men have nipples? They serve no purpose.

get a girl to pay attention to yours, then you'll start to see what purpose they have. ;)

all they need is a little TLC, and perhaps some gentle bites and nibbles, and they'll let you know why they're there.

it's totally true. they work the same on men as they do on women, provided someone is patient enough to get them started -- like a car engine in winter.

and, to wade ever so delicately into the cesspool of ethnic stereotypes, if you're ever lucky enough to date someone of Latin descent ... trust me, those nipples are a goldmine.

:mac:

Macfistowannabe said:
Do you have to shave your chest for this to work, Irvine? :wink:

nope. i've tested hair and smooth chests, and it works every time. i keep myself unclipped, but appreciate chests of all kinds.

one can't deny, though, that shaved skin is more sensitive.

If you wanted to get behind a serious women's cause that could actually benefit society, I would think fighting for equal pay in the workforce is a good start. This thread is a joke.

Macfistowannabe said:
If you wanted to get behind a serious women's cause that could actually benefit society, I would think fighting for equal pay in the workforce is a good start. This thread is a joke.

It may have started out as a joke, but it has merit.

How are we to ever find equality if we don't look at every aspect equally?

You still haven't made a good argument as to how they are different.

If there are women out there who want to be topless, they are free to do so on a nudist beach, a topless beach, a strip club, a bar, a party, and their own home. If men want to see breasts, they can go to one of those places or simply type "breasts" on google.com.

If you had a teenage daughter, would you HONESTLY want her to swim topless, showing her breasts that erotically arouse every jerk out there? If you had a rather young son, would you want to expose the female body to him at 5 years old, and knock out the true beauty of the female body? I question your logic, your sense of responsibility, and your testosterone level. If you want a topless society, there's plenty of that going on in Africa.

Macfistowannabe said:
If there are women out there who want to be topless, they are free to do so on a nudist beach, a topless beach, a strip club, a bar, a party, and their own home. If men want to see breasts, they can go to one of those places or simply type "breasts" on google.com.

If you had a teenage daughter, would you HONESTLY want her to swim topless, showing her breasts that erotically arouse every jerk out there? If you had a rather young son, would you want to expose the female body to him at 5 years old, and knock out the true beauty of the female body? I question your logic, your sense of responsibility, and your testosterone level. If you want a topless society, there's plenty of that going on in Africa.

Africa is a great example. I'm glad you brought that up. There's an equality of sorts with the female and male body. They don't sexualize the female breasts.

You only find the female breast sexual because of conditioning.

This has nothing to do with my testosterone level. Frankly I find it insulting that you believe I'm taking this side for my own sexual pleasure.

I'm not telling women to walk around breast a floppin. Where in any of my post have I said that? I'm saying that a woman shouldn't be fined for doing so. There shouldn't be a double standard. This shouldn't be an indecent exposure law. What are we telling women by saying exposing your breast is indecent but mine aren't?

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Africa is a great example. I'm glad you brought that up. There's an equality of sorts with the female and male body. They don't sexualize the female breasts.

You only find the female breast sexual because of conditioning.
No they don't, but we have been doing that long enough in OUR society that I would think it would be nearly impossible to unsexualize them. I find it very sexual, but beautiful, and yes, I'd like to keep it as beautiful as possible. :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
This has nothing to do with my testosterone level. Frankly I find it insulting that you believe I'm taking this side for my own sexual pleasure.
I'll take your word for it, and assume you are actually serious about this. If I did insult you - sorry.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm not telling women to walk around breast a floppin. Where in any of my post have I said that? I'm saying that a woman shouldn't be fined for doing so. There shouldn't be a double standard. This shouldn't be an indecent exposure law. What are we telling women by saying exposing your breast is indecent but mine aren't?
I see what you are saying, but as I said before, there are causes such as equal pay for women that are much more applicable and meaningful to society than griping about those who pull a Janet. But really, our society recognizes the female breast as a sexual tool, and those who do not conform to that and are out on the streets fighting for a revolution are wasting their lives playing the victims of conformity.

I don't think you can unsexualize a sexualized body part. It doesn't make sense to me. That's like asking society to go back to the days in Italy and look at a painting of a nude human being and not think anything sexual, and not even stare on accident at their genitals or breasts. Our culture compared to their culture are exact opposites. We are fascinated by nudity, they were not. We both love the human body, but we express it differently.

Macfistowannabe said:

I don't think you can unsexualize a sexualized body part.

Well people are asking that of Middle East counties right now. Women are only allowed to show their eyes, everything else is just for the husband.

Macfistowannabe said:
If you had a teenage daughter, would you HONESTLY want her to swim topless, showing her breasts that erotically arouse every jerk out there?

A guy can get aroused just by seeing a pretty girl in a tight sweater. And if some jerk tries anything on her, that's his problem, not hers, and he's the one who should be dealt with.

Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
If you had a rather young son, would you want to expose the female body to him at 5 years old, and knock out the true beauty of the female body?

Some young kids have accidentally come across nude bodies before in some way, shape, or form, or sometimes it's not accidental, sometimes it's the result of sheer curiosity. And yet most of them come out of those experiences still finding the female body a beautiful thing. Besides that, 5 year old girls can see older guys walking around without shirts on, and nobody's saying THAT would ruin any potential images of the male body for the girl.

As for all those places you suggested where people can go to see breasts or where women can go to expose themselves if they wish...problem with that is that some people try to shut all those places down because they personally find it offensive, obscene, and all that sort of stuff.

Angela

How does my five year old, seeing a breast, knok out the TRUE beauty of a breast?

Dreadsox said:
How does my five year old, seeing a breast, knok out the TRUE beauty of a breast?

i've spent my life hanging out in speedo swim suits and changing in locker rooms -- surrounded by the male anatomy in various stages of undress, from the age of 8 until i was 22, and in no way did this knock out the TRUE beauty of the male body for me.

i see no reason why breasts should be any different.

if you're into that sort of thing.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

;)

I have breasts, I see breasts everyday, and I still love breasts and see their beauty.

I've always found it demeaning that if I show mine it's indecent exposure.

This is inequality. Surely is.

Instead of allowing women to disrobe from the waist up, the law should really require both genders cover up. That way we dont have to worry about the inevitable problems. Sure it's a nice ideology to say it's a human body and shouldn't be offensive or sexualised, but it is. So lets still make it equal for all and cover everyone up. I personally think it's revolting seeing blokes of any age without their shirt on. I would feel the same if women were in the same position.
And if anyone wants to label me as a prude, go ahead. I've been an art student long enough to see my fair share of strangers boobies and willys and will not bat an eye - infact this semester I will be drawing a nuddy model once a week. Wooo. But it's all context. And going to my local supermarket to get milk is not where I want to see anyone's bare chest - male or female. Context, time and place for everything etc.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom