A REVOLUTION I think we can ALL get behind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Serious, how many males are walking around High Schools with out shirts on?

How is it not applicble to females?

Give me a break...schools have dress codes.

Dreadsox said:
Serious, how many males are walking around High Schools with out shirts on?

How is it not applicble to females?

Give me a break...schools have dress codes.

Exactly. I don't remember any of my male teachers walking around the classroom without a shirt :laugh:

I would imagine that anywhere a topless a male would be innapropriate (restaurants, schools, church, the workplace), a topless female would also be innapropriate.

Bono's American Wife said:

Exactly. I don't remember any of my male teachers walking around the classroom without a shirt :laugh:

I would imagine that anywhere a topless a male would be innapropriate (restaurants, schools, church, the workplace), a topless female would also be innapropriate.

My 12th grade math teacher, she had clothes on and that did not stop my mind from wandering:wink:

Macfistowannabe said:
A new way to abuse the term "women's rights."

What is it exactly about the breast that you are afraid of to the point, that you are saying these women are abusing womens rights?

don't point those things at me

Dreadsox said:

What is it exactly about the breast that you are afraid of ?

they could be explosive

have you heard about the rocket fuel?

edited to say

looks at avatar and notices what this topic has reduced you to.

Last edited:
spinninghead77 said:
This law was passed in Ontario almost 10 years ago

http://www.legalfreedom.com/topfree/

" In 1996 the Province of Ontario, Canada's most populous provice, became legally topfree due to a criminal court challenge by Gwen Jacob. Because the highest court in Ontario was interpreting a Canadian federal law, this case has set an important precedent for all of the other provinces in Canada. Attempts to change the law to re-criminalize women have not been supported by Canadian voters."

I have seen very few women exercise their rights, but it is nice to know that we can if we choose to.

So as far as you know, there have been no packs of topless women riding the subways or roaming unchecked through the streets of Toronto? None of your coworkers have shown up for work sans blouse? :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:

So as far as you know, there have been no packs of topless women riding the subways or roaming unchecked through the streets of Toronto? None of your coworkers have shown up for work sans blouse? :wink:

well

there goes my vacation plans

Re: don't point those things at me

deep said:

they could be explosive

have you heard about the rocket fuel?

edited to say

looks at avatar and notices what this topic has reduced you to.

I noticed that article today...very very sad.

earthshell said:
finally someone gets it.

:).

Originally posted by nbcrusader
You see no consequences if this were permitted, even in a high school?

Well, as pointed out, it's highly unlikely it ever will happen in a high school to begin with, 'cause you don't see males walking around shirtless (I do think it's dumb, though, that some schools allow guys to wear tank tops, but girls can't), so I highly doubt there'll be some increase in women doing so. But if a high school did allow people, both male and female, to walk around like that, honestly, it's their school, that's up to them how they want to handle it. Any consequences that would result would still not necessarily be the woman's fault.

As stated in this thread, I don't understand what people are so scared of, also. And this is not an "abuse" of women's rights, either-if guys can walk around topless and not get flak for it, girls should be able to as well. As that part from the article I quoted said, it's certainly not our fault that our bodies developed the way they did. Besides that, from all the times chests are blurred out on TV, it seems the nipple specifically is the offending portion...well, guys show their nipples all the time and nobody says a word there.

By the way, there is a restaurant somewhere in New York City that allows people the choice of going there with or without clothing on.

Angela

Dreadsox said:
What is it exactly about the breast that you are afraid of to the point, that you are saying these women are abusing womens rights?
What I am getting at is this - if it hypothetically becomes anything - that if you don't get behind this "revolution", they are going to tell you that you are denying them rights. I should have the right not to see topless grannies unless I really want to.

Boobs in particular seem to be quite an obsession for you. :wink:

Macfistowannabe said:
What I am getting at is this - if it hypothetically becomes anything - that if you don't get behind this "revolution", they are going to tell you that you are denying them rights. I should have the right not to see topless grannies unless I really want to.

Boobs in particular seem to be quite an obsession for you. :wink:

My wife would agree with you.

Macfistowannabe said:

Have you not noticed? Some way be different sizes, different colors, different shapes, but everyone has them. I have a good friend who's about 100 pounds overweight and he has larger breasts than most girls I've dated.

So why are you scared?

This has absolutley nothing to do with abusing women's rights, in fact quite the opposite. If you read everyone's post and the article you would see that. No one can ever use the "it's her fault, for inticing me" bullshit.

Macfistowannabe said:

Indeed you do have that right. If you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't look, then. It's not like by making this legal every single girl in the world will start going everyplace nude, there will still be plenty of places you can go where you won't have to see the stuff.

The only way I'd say anybody wasn't allowing people rights is if they tried to stop them from walking around that way simply because they had issues with it. If they didn't like it, but still allowed people to do it, that would be fine by me.

Angela

Macfistowannabe said:
I should have the right not to see topless grannies unless I really want to.

I noticed you didn't say anything about young topless women.

Many would argue they have the right not to see men with hairy backs, men with guts hanging over their swimsuits, or saggy man breasts, yet no law against that. This is a very sexist mentality.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Well, as pointed out, it's highly unlikely it ever will happen in a high school to begin with, 'cause you don't see males walking around shirtless (I do think it's dumb, though, that some schools allow guys to wear tank tops, but girls can't), so I highly doubt there'll be some increase in women doing so.

Then why the charge for the right to do this???

Moonlit_Angel said:
But if a high school did allow people, both male and female, to walk around like that, honestly, it's their school, that's up to them how they want to handle it. Any consequences that would result would still not necessarily be the woman's fault.

This is not a blame game, but one of consequences. If a high school male takes off a shirt during PE, and a female student does the same, the discussion of equal rights will be drown out by the hoopla created by the topless female.

nbcrusader said:
Then why the charge for the right to do this???

Because for the areas where guys do walk around topless and girls can't, it's kinda unfair.

Originally posted by nbcrusader
This is not a blame game, but one of consequences. If a high school male takes off a shirt during PE, and a female student does the same, the discussion of equal rights will be drown out by the hoopla created by the topless female.

And girls never create a hoopla when they see a good-looking guy without a shirt on?

Again, if there's a bunch of hoopla over the girl being shirtless, that's the people creating the hoopla's thing to deal with.

Angela

nbcrusader said:

Is it just conditioning?

In some parts of Europe
Beaches are topless
No one cares

In many cultures
Our women's dress standards are considered obscene,

Breast are consider sexual because of our conditioning

At one time, bare legs, necks and even arms were provocative.

I think current laws do require areolas be covered,
perhaps these women should make their point
by pushing the boundaries by conforming only to that standard.
Defendants were arrested for violating Penal Law § 245.01 (exposure of a person) when they bared ``that portion of the breast which is below the top of the areola'' in a Rochester public park.

Last edited:
Well, whether anyone likes it or not I don't think that male and female chests have anywhere the same significance when exposed. If it was equal, Halle Berry wouldn't be getting a million for exposing hers in "Swordfish". Conditioning is a very powerful thing; don't know, maybe the mindset does need a change.

And it goes both ways, too: male frontal nudity is a lot more taboo than female, for example.

Last edited:
deep said:

Is it just conditioning?

In some parts of Europe
Beaches are topless
No one cares

In many cultures
Our women's dress standards are considered obscene,

Breast are consider sexual because of our conditioning

At one time, bare legs, necks and even arms were provocative.

I think current laws do require areolas be covered,
perhaps these women should make their point
by pushing the boundaries by conforming only to that standard.
Good points, it's just perception, what makes a guy with his shirt off not obscene, and a girl without her shirt on obscene?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think the real question is why do men have nipples? They serve no purpose.

mine do....

they change the TV channel.....

so I have convinced my children anyway!!!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom