A REVOLUTION I think we can ALL get behind! - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I don't believe body parts are obscene, except when they are improperly exposed to those who would rather not see them.
So, because some people don't want to see certain things in public, they must automatically be banned? Man, there's quite a few things I can think of that I don't like-guess it's time for me to start doing some banning, eh?

Quote:
I think we will be one of the most immoral, bastardized, pathetic, mindless, deadbeat societies on the face of the earth.
...how exactly would a woman exposing her chest be in any way correlate to any of those things? Geez, I can think of people who cover themselves up on a regular basis who fit those descriptions better than people who don't cover themselves up.

And yes, the older crowd will see them, too...just as they've been seeing them throughout their lifetime. Point being?

Angela

Old 03-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #257
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Men can see breasts in movies, topless bars, etc
If they choose to.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Men can take off their shirts do you see them taking them off to seduce women in bars so that they will cheat? Come on.
From KAMASUTRA ANNUAL SEX SURVEY 2004
Research Findings

http://www.ksontheweb.com/64/category.ift

Sexual Arousal:
Breasts 70% (84% last year) scored highest sexual arousal point for men followed by overall looks and buttocks whereas women prefer overall looks 42% (57% last year), face, eyes and buttocks in men.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #258
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
So, because some people don't want to see certain things in public, they must automatically be banned? Man, there's quite a few things I can think of that I don't like-guess it's time for me to start doing some banning, eh?
Nothing is being 'banned', in fact, you're trying to overturn a law.

Quote:
...how exactly would a woman exposing her chest be in any way correlate to any of those things?
*************************************************http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/stripc2.htm

Sexual Abuse

Stripclub customers frequently grab women’s breasts, buttocks, and genitals. Customers often attempt and succeed at penetrating strippers vaginally and anally with their fingers, dollar bills, and bottles. Customers expose their penises, rub their penises on women, and masturbate in front of the women. Women in this study consistently connected lap dances to the sexual abuse they suffered in the club. "That’s the first thing men try to do when they get close to you and always in a lap dance." Stripclub owners, managers, and staff also expect women to masturbate them and some have forced intercourse on strippers. See Table 2 Frequency of Sexual Abuse and Table 3 Attempted and Completed Sexual Abuse.

Is this something you want to happen more often? Why shouldn't we keep this under control? Why should society be one big strip club?

Quote:
Geez, I can think of people who cover themselves up on a regular basis who fit those descriptions better than people who don't cover themselves up.
Name 'em.

Quote:
And yes, the older crowd will see them, too...just as they've been seeing them throughout their lifetime. Point being?
Even flashers avoid older people. They don't care for it in general, and perhaps we should be mindful of their take on it as well.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #259
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Is this something you want to happen more often? Why shouldn't we keep this under control? Why should society be one big strip club?
Right because I heard with this law they're installing sound systems, stripper poles, cheezy DJs, allowing lap dances, and placing singles in g-strings on every street corner.
Quote:

Name 'em.
I could name a lot but you would know them. They live in my building, went to my schools, some are politicians, and some go to church.

Quote:

Even flashers avoid older people. They don't care for it in general, and perhaps we should be mindful of their take on it as well.
Polling flashers now? Well we should definately listen to them.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I can't believe this thread has been going on for so long!

Sheesh
Old 03-09-2005, 07:48 PM   #261
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Perhaps you could back up your original statement instead of resorting to insult.
Right, first off, it wasn't meant to be an insult - I just found what you said very patronising and responded in a similar vein. Simple enough.

With all due respect to you, nb, to categorically state "No. This does not happen", when it has, and does, IS utterly blind. Having offered my 5p worth a few pages ago, I feel no need to restate the obvious.

Anyway, as it is 4am here and my brain is fried, I will leave you lot to carry on the hairpulling etc.

Goodnight
Old 03-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Nothing is being 'banned', in fact, you're trying to overturn a law.
Yeah, a law that restricts women from exposing their chests because it's "obscene" to some people. Since they feel they can restrict things based on their defintion of "obscene", I suppose this means I can do it, too, right?

Quote:
*************************************************http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/stripc2.htm

Sexual Abuse

Stripclub customers frequently grab women’s breasts, buttocks, and genitals. Customers often attempt and succeed at penetrating strippers vaginally and anally with their fingers, dollar bills, and bottles. Customers expose their penises, rub their penises on women, and masturbate in front of the women. Women in this study consistently connected lap dances to the sexual abuse they suffered in the club. "That’s the first thing men try to do when they get close to you and always in a lap dance." Stripclub owners, managers, and staff also expect women to masturbate them and some have forced intercourse on strippers. See Table 2 Frequency of Sexual Abuse and Table 3 Attempted and Completed Sexual Abuse.

First off, all that stuff can happen to women who are fully clothed just as easily as it can to women who aren't. Of course I don't want that stuff to happen-what the women are wearing holds no relevance there, those guys are just jerks who deserve to be punished for assaulting these women. Second, aren't you the same one who said that people should go to strip clubs if they want to see breasts and stuff? Now all of a sudden, you're saying that strip clubs are bad and that society would be just like them if this were legal. Third, by allowing women to be able to expose their chests if they want to, that does not automatically mean that society will become "one big strip club". It's not like every woman in the country will automatically be running around topless everywhere they go. All we're saying by supporting this being legal is that if a woman does happen to be in a place where guys are topless, and she decides to go topless, too, she should not be punished for that, because if it's not illegal for guys to do that, it shouldn't be illegal for her to do it, too.

Quote:
Name 'em.
Dr. Laura and that Tammy Baker girl aren't people I imagine run around exposing themselves, and yet I still think both of them fit those descriptions better, simply because of the way they present themselves. There's a couple I can think of right off the bat. And of course I agree with the statement that there's people I personally know that you wouldn't that dress conservatively, and yet still fit those descriptions. How you dress doesn't automatically determine what kind of a person you will be.

Quote:
Well, that's the flashers' choice. It still doesn't automatically mean they shouldn't be allowed to be topless if they wish other places.

Angela
Old 08-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #263
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Keep this thread alive!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #264
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 AM
We never repeat ourselves here....
Old 08-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #265
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Keep this thread alive!
You're just afraid MrsSpringsteen may win the biggest breast thread award.

I like you both, so I'll be partial...
Old 08-12-2005, 04:04 AM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life

So you will post in here every time you post in there?

I want the biggest breast thread...
Old 08-12-2005, 05:21 AM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

You have to resort to this? A Rod Junior
Old 08-12-2005, 05:23 AM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

You have to resort to this? A Rod Junior
OUCH!!!!!!!!

AROD JR?

Hmmmmm.......

That hurt...

Oh well...I am going to P-Town today........I will have to think on a comeback.....

Until then......This thread, like the Red Sox, is the world champion (Best) breast thread!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:29 AM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Until then......This thread, like the Red Sox, is the world champion (Best) breast thread!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 AM   #270
Refugee

Local Time: 06:34 PM
In the "Your Biggest Turn ONs" thread, I posted a picture of Patsy Kensit, and half of her nipple was showing. So many women got offended. It's ironic that so many women in this thread think it is just fine for women's top's to be just as exposed as men's.