A REVOLUTION I think we can ALL get behind! - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2005, 11:09 AM   #241
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
If you're going to overturn a law, you better have a better reason than "society should be this way..."
I've gone far beyond that and so have many in here.
Quote:

This entire thread is devoted to complaining about a law that really isn't too hard to follow.
Separate water fountains weren't "hard to follow" but it didn't mean they weren't demeaning. Calling breast obscene I think is demeaning.
Quote:

Divorce is often about lust after others. Divorce is often about wanting something else. You've never thought breasts are used to attract men?
This is the weakest argument of them all. Divorce is about money, unhappiness, wanting more out of life, falling out of love, and yes sex. But to blame divorce on breasts...come on. THIS LAW IS NOT GOING TO MAKE WOMEN WALK AROUND TOPLESS. How many times does it have to be said. Women's bodies covered or uncovered attract men. This law will change nothing about sex. Get over that aspect of it.
Quote:

If they want to, not if they have to.
Since you keep bringing it up, what do you really think will happen? Where will we see women running around topless? Please tell me. Where will these poor children see breasts? And why is it so horrible? Did they not breast feed? Have they not seen art?

Old 03-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
No-like I said, if people insist women remain covered up, fine. But then we should do that with the guys, too. If girls can't expose their chests, guys shouldn't be able to, either. If guys can, girls should be able to. It's merely a fairness thing.
But, again, under your definition, there is no harm for lack of fairness.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
But, again, under your definition, there is no harm for lack of fairness.
No, but seeing as it does break a law in our Constitution that states that we're all equal, that's kind of a factor in the whole deal.

Angela
Old 03-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #244
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Separate water fountains weren't "hard to follow" but it didn't mean they weren't demeaning. Calling breast obscene I think is demeaning.
Aright, enough said, now pay attention.

The argument has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with keeping your freaking clothes on in public. If you can't do that, don't go out in public.

Separate fountains have NOTHING to do with this argument. I don't believe body parts are obscene, except when they are improperly exposed to those who would rather not see them.

This whole thread is about meaningless whining about a law that is NOT hard to follow, and the water fountain argument is a new low. If you're going to gripe about something, make it meaningful. Quit acting like your government has done nothing for you.

Here's a good place for all the clowns who can't follow the rules:

Old 03-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #245
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
This is the weakest argument of them all. Divorce is about money, unhappiness, wanting more out of life, falling out of love, and yes sex. But to blame divorce on breasts...come on. THIS LAW IS NOT GOING TO MAKE WOMEN WALK AROUND TOPLESS. How many times does it have to be said. Women's bodies covered or uncovered attract men. This law will change nothing about sex. Get over that aspect of it.
Then common sense must be weak to you. I'm not BLAMING DIVORCE on breasts. I'm saying that it would be FOOLISH to legalize this kind of crap when our society is so screwed up.

What are the benefits? Besides allowing people to be AS SLUTTY AS POSSIBLE IN THE PUBLIC EYE?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #246
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Since you keep bringing it up, what do you really think will happen? Where will we see women running around topless? Please tell me. Where will these poor children see breasts? And why is it so horrible? Did they not breast feed? Have they not seen art?
You never answered these questions. These are important questions, core to the issue.

Quote:

The argument has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with keeping your freaking clothes on in public. If you can't do that, don't go out in public.
You're right breasts are obscene. In fact let's go back to when bikinis were outlawed on many public beaches or mini-skirts were banned. Better yet let's just make women wear burkas. That way you don't have to worry about any obscenities or offended men or children.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #247
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:13 AM
at the entire bloody thread.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #248
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Your suggestion is an oversimplification of the criminal justice system.
Whereas yours is just blind.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #249
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Then common sense must be weak to you. I'm not BLAMING DIVORCE on breasts. I'm saying that it would be FOOLISH to legalize this kind of crap when our society is so screwed up.
Well let's make men wear shirts, ban tight jeans, close all gyms. We don't want the women to be tempted either.

Quote:

What are the benefits? Besides allowing people to be AS SLUTTY AS POSSIBLE IN THE PUBLIC EYE?
This has been answered, so I won't even bother with this question. You're arguments are so one sided it's ridiculous.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:13 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that this thread is so popular

I just wanted to add that I read in Glamour @ the hair salon today that nipple enlargement is the hottest new plastic surgery
Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I think we will be one of the most immoral, bastardized, pathetic, mindless, deadbeat societies on the face of the earth. Kids are not the only ones who would rather not see them. Take the older crowd for example. Your argument is mostly just appealing for the biggest complainers of the 12-50 year old crowd, bushed by brainless cliches like "equality", "revolution", "women's rights", yet ending the law would do NOTHING for society. Breast-feeding is something you can do without revealing your ta-tas to the world.

We would do nothing to discourage your daughter from being an attention whore - if you had one. All the "top-free rights" movement does is give crybabies something to whine about.

Quote:
You're right breasts are obscene. In fact let's go back to when bikinis were outlawed on many public beaches or mini-skirts were banned. Better yet let's just make women wear burkas. That way you don't have to worry about any obscenities or offended men or children.
Nonsense and ignorance all in one paragraph. Pay better attention next time. Our society has established the body parts that should be covered, and you can show plenty of skin without going over the line. Yet some lunatics will continue to complain about they can't show enough.

GET OVER IT.
IT'S NOT THAT HARD.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #252
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

Whereas yours is just blind.
Perhaps you could back up your original statement instead of resorting to insult.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
This has been answered, so I won't even bother with this question. You're arguments are so one sided it's ridiculous.
There's a difference between an utterly ridiculous answer and a logical answer. I have yet to see a logical answer.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #254
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Well let's make men wear shirts, ban tight jeans, close all gyms. We don't want the women to be tempted either.
Pathetic.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #255
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Pathetic.
If all you have is insults then this is pointless.

Your divorce argument holds no water. Men can see breasts in movies, topless bars, etc This law will do nothing to the divorce rate. Men can take off their shirts do you see them taking them off to seduce women in bars so that they will cheat? Come on.