A REVOLUTION I think we can ALL get behind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obviously since you cheated by bumping your thread, none of the new posts count

So take your purse and run home crying

arodpurse.jpg

I really shouldn't post in this thread :wink:

That is scary in my opinion, the men approaching them. I heard about this on Howard Stern, of course he said only hot women should be allowed to go topless in public.

Women's nude awakening

Oglers surround protesters

BY JIMMY VIELKIND and ROBERT F. MOORE
NY DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Jill (Phoenix) Feeley was among a number of topless women in Columbus Circle yesterday protesting her Aug. 4 arrest for going half naked. Cops had to quell excited crowds.

Topless women on skates, bikes and foot drew a surging crowd of grateful gawkers in Columbus Circle yesterday when they doffed their shirts to affirm the right to bare a lot more than arms.

The 10 or so women gathered and showed nearly all to protest the arrest of Jill (Phoenix) Feeley, who said she was taken into custody this month after going half naked on the lower East Side.

But Feeley and friends soon found out that taking such a revealing stance in New York can be risky.

"It got hot, then it got rainy," said Feeley, 25.

Then at least a dozen drooling men rushed through barricades and surrounded the women shortly before 4:30 p.m. Police quickly intervened, gaining the gratitude of Feeley.

"The cops were good today," she said.

But she was still steamed about her previous encounter with police.

Jeffrey Rothman, Feeley's attorney, said he plans to file a civil rights lawsuit against the city for the Aug. 4 arrest.

He said two police officers told her to put on her top and she refused. She spent 12 hours in custody, but wasn't charged, Rothman said.

"We have to affirm women's right to be top-free, just as the other half of the population," he said.

"We're just demonstrating a right," said Feeley, a self-described "gypsy" who says she lives in an RV powered by vegetable oil.

There were no arrests yesterday. A police spokeswoman noted it's legal for women to go topless in public.

And that was fine with Bonaris Serrano, 21, an aspiring rapper from Washington Heights who checked out the protest after attending the Dominican Day Parade.

"I'm down with the feminist movement," he said. "I can dig that"

MORAVIA, N.Y.

Four women were arrested in the Moravia this week for going topless in the small village's business district.
The ladies range in age from 40 to 61. Their bail was set at 250 each. The four are due back in court next week.

Police charged each of the women with "exposure of a person."

Police seek diaper-clad man who pesters women

Mon Aug 15, 1:43 PM ET

UK police said Monday they were searching for a man wearing just a diaper, who approaches women late at night and asks: "Are there any baby changing facilities around here?"

Back
Top Bottom