A Racist Messenger to be released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey all

im sure you folks all over the world are totally unaware of us folk down here in Western Australia, but 12 years ago there was a man by the name of jack van tongeren who ran around the city of perth designed at spreading the word of racial intolerance, especially against the asian race

eventually the courts did find a way to convict him to serve a 12 year prison term

but unfortunately because there was loophole in his sentence, he forewent rehabilitation and today he walks the streets again totally determined to continue his work :( though during his prison term he still continued to write letters to members of parliament for his pro white australia views

to add this all up, his message of racial intolerance is quite a mystery given that he himself has asian blood in him, for his father is a eurasian, but its said that going to a catholic school when he was picked on at school because of his race had fractured any sense of tolerance he had

you'd think that things like this wouldnt be part of this tolerant modern world, but just like to let you folks know, that yeh... its still happening

:scratch:

thanks for the reminder crash...it needs to be brought into the open...

can i tell you a couple of positve action stories going on in my neck of the woods...and believe me the neck where I live...the vast majority is very very very red.

A bunch of local teenagers spent 10 days walking and standing on the street in grafton, their faces swathed in white bandages. They attracted some publicity, had people wondering??? They announced that their purpose would be revealed on a particular Saturday. They were representing the refugees in detention, the faceless people without a voice.They copped some flack. But they persisted and t started a refugee support group and asked people to join in a letter writing campaign to make the people in detention feel SOMEone out there cares. Good One girls:up:

A local church man asked the parishoners to come to church at the usuasl time, but to pack their 5 most precious possessions in a backpack, no further explanation.
They arrived, their way into the church was blocked by unfriendly people who didn't speak English. They were made to run around the block, their posssesions were taken from them, then they had to try and talk their way into church via filling out forms written in Arabic. They were given a small taste. He signed a lot of people up to the letter campaign that night too.

Our racist local mayor was voted out of offfice yesterday...maybe to be replaced by someone worse..maybe, we'll see.
Just wanted to share those positive stories anyway.

I LOVE the fact so much of the world has come to me. I feel priveleged to be at a multi-cultural gathering here.I have learned so much.

Back
Top Bottom