A Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulc000

Babyface
How comes there is talk of a military strike on the terrorists when NYCX gets attacked by terrorism.

I don't remember there being talk of a military strike on Ireland when the IRA decided to bomb the shit out of the UK.

Maybe, just maybe Americans that have been dipping into their pockets for the struggle back home (noraid for example) realise now what terrorism is all about and the hurt it brings

Just a Thought

Remember Bono's Speech R&H SBS

Originally posted by paulc000:
How comes there is talk of a military strike on the terrorists when NYCX gets attacked by terrorism.

I don't remember there being talk of a military strike on Ireland when the IRA decided to bomb the shit out of the UK.

Maybe this question should be directed to the UK government?

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 09-18-2001).]

maybe the UK government figured that could start more problems than it would solve

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I live in the UK and you're dead right paulc000 when you say that terrorism hurts. And you sure don't go in with a military strike because the only people who will die or get injured are the innocent. I don't like Bush's use of the word 'war' because he can't possible comprehend what it's like to have a war in your own country. In World War 2 London was bombed every night for 4 years. I can't emphasise that enough. Compared to that, what happened at the World Trade Centre pales. Terrorism is evil but war will not get rid of it, but it could get rid of us all and will certainly kill innocent people. The US government should learn from other countries who have been at war and use their brains. The only way to get on with people is to talk, listen and learn.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom