A Philosophical Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's only a problem if you take the existence of a deity as a given. In the absence of the supernatural then an emergent sentient life form engaging in behaviours including belief that give rise to a concept of a higher power makes sense.

Justifications of belief on the basis of euphoric feelings seem highly disengenous, feelings are a result of neurological processes and not imbued by an outside power.

The issue of a naturalistic worldview taking more faith than a god-based one is also flawed in that the godless view is built from the position of not knowing anything and then taking in what we can quantify while the God based view is acceptance of a concept that is not falsifiable.

I would say that God created man, and then we started to recognize Him (I use "Him" metaphorically; I don't believe God has a gender).

What many call "God" is man's creation

and

If what created "us" is "God".

Then, some of you are in for a big surprise. :yes:

my arrogance leads me to these conclusions

We created god.

Read "The God Part Of The Brain" for the scientific explanation, I'm too lazy and stupid to distill it all here :wink:

We created God....

Probably because at some time in the past, someone wanted to develop some easy answers to some difficult questions, so they developed the God idea.

Although it might have been developed by someone who was feeling blue or guilty and they needed to find some means of guidance and justification, so they developed the God idea.

The God idea has probably been blown out of proportion since it's origins, yet it's helped a lot of people sort out their lives.

god is deffo a concept of man like religion is deffo a old form of law and order.

4U2Play said:
We created god.

Read "The God Part Of The Brain" for the scientific explanation, I'm too lazy and stupid to distill it all here :wink:

Or, human brains have evolved in a manner that allows them to receive the God signal...to feel God's energy. (You know, just like some birds evolved to be in tune with the earth's magnetic field.)

Um...not that that's my belief (athiest, personally), but just sayin'...

We created 'God'. We dont know what God actually is, no proof or tangible knowledge whatsoever. Everything decided upon to be Godly is a human construct.

Back
Top Bottom