A parsonal responce to" WTF is going on in Israel today???"...(pleaes read!) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2002, 09:13 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chain:

Calling for genocide is not the answer.

Shame on you.
I don't think Lemonite was calling for any sort of genocide, he was but being fair, if slightly cynical, however; he DOES have a point and indeed it is valid. What IS the way out, until one side has been eliminated? Genocide isn't being called for here, it is being recognised; look around you and the situation of Israel/Palestine harder; it already IS genocide, and it looks like it will continue to be so.

Ant.

Old 04-07-2002, 02:08 PM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
you know, im not a huge reporter or anything but you really are not being fair here either. unless you really think we are all under a conspiracy theory, the media does not intend on misguiding people. in fact, from what ive seen (i live in canada mind you) there has been far more sympathy with palestine than with israel.

Hey Zoomerang, I agree with you. I'm sick of hearing how the media in N. America are biased towards Israel. I live in Canada and there's far more sympathy and coverage for the Palestinian cause here then for the other side. I don't know what the hell they're talking about...

Old 04-07-2002, 04:58 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Memphis - sorry to hear about your fears... i hope i never experience anything like that in my life.

Unfortunately, there are lots of innocent Israelis and Palestinians who get hurt - and that's the most disgusting part.
Also, it's hard to achieve peace once bloodshed happens on both sides. You know, just as it's wrong of Israelis to hurt civilians in payback actions it's wrong of Palestinian extremists to kill civilians. It just gets mixed up in this spiral of violence that isn't going to get anyone anywhere...

This conflict has been going for so long, who's to say if there's a way to end it? Even if Palestinians should get a state someday?
Old 04-08-2002, 05:17 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Memphis-Eve and Rainbow--thank you for sharing your experience with us. Stay safe.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:34 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 07:39 AM
Peace for all, this shows that one thing is the people of any country, and that another thing are the governments or states.

People is what matters, always.

Thak you for sharing, and hope peace comes soon.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:20 AM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:

This conflict has been going for so long, who's to say if there's a way to end it? Even if Palestinians should get a state someday?

U know U2Girl ,I ask that myself every day!
I`m one of the few Israelians who believe that the palestinians should have their oun countryand that the alnd has been taken form them not It might bring a temporary relaxation but for how long?! In the worst case they`ll become a country, build a strong army and the attac us again as a country. It`s just so confusing! BECAUSE THEY DO DISERVE UNDIPENDENCE!
After all, if we do then they do to!

[This message has been edited by MEMHPIS-EVE 007 (edited 04-09-2002).]
Old 04-09-2002, 08:57 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
If the Palestinians do get a state someday, it is my fervent hope that Yassir Arafat is not the head of the Palestinian Authority at the time. I am convincd that the man wants nothing less than the destruction of the state of Israel.

Old 04-09-2002, 09:47 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by chain:

Calling for genocide is not the answer.

Shame on you.

He's not advocating genocide, he's being extremely cynical and pessimistic.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:35 AM   #24
War Child

I think there could be another way to peace than I stated in my earlier more pessimistic and nihilistic post about the total annihilation of both the Israeli and Palestinian people, but that would need to come from international intervention. Which for some reason Israel doesn't want.
Now this solution is very simple and probably also very naive, but I want to know what's wrong with it:

* Israel will retreat its army and its settlers from the occupied Palestinian areas
* Get a corridor between Israel and Palestina guarded by international armed forces to protect both the Palestinian and Isreali people
* A treaty will be signed (we will not attack each other)
* Breaking this treaty will have to cause serious sanctions from the international community

Also....it might just help not calling either Sharon or Arafat a terrorist or an asshole, no matter is they are or are not.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:42 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Vorsprung:
I think there could be another way to peace than I stated in my earlier more pessimistic and nihilistic post about the total annihilation of both the Israeli and Palestinian people
I can't find a post in which you said that. Did it get deleted or something?

Old 04-09-2002, 10:49 AM   #26
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
I can't find a post in which you said that. Did it get deleted or something?

http://forum.interference.com/u2feed.../001266-3.html

Just below two of your replies.....

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik
Old 04-09-2002, 11:14 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Aaah, I see it. Thanks for shopwing me that.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:24 AM   #28
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Quote:
I think there could be another way to peace

Now this solution is very simple and probably also very naive, but I want to know what's wrong with it:

* Israel will retreat its army and its settlers from the occupied Palestinian areas
* Get a corridor between Israel and Palestina guarded by international armed forces to protect both the Palestinian and Isreali people
* A treaty will be signed (we will not attack each other)
* Breaking this treaty will have to cause serious sanctions from the international community

Also....it might just help not calling either Sharon or Arafat a terrorist or an asshole, no matter is they are or are not.

That truly would work, however, the Palestinian leadership would have to be one that is looking for peace, one that is looking to develop their country rather than just live with the sole goal of eliminating Israel, which is what is present there at the moment.. Arafat has shown time and time again he does not want peace in any shape or form.. Only when he's cowering under an elementary school's desk does he Yell for peace.

I'd be interested to hear more about what sanctions you could slam on what would be a 'Palestinian State'... In my idiotic ways, I'd dare ya to find an 'Economic' way to sanction them...

With 2nd Most Winter Olympic Medals,
L.Unplugged
Old 04-09-2002, 11:54 AM   #29
War Child

Is that tre??? Do they really want that?? Does Arafat really wants that. Well, maybe he personnally would be pleased if that happened, but do the palestinians want to give up there chance for peace for that. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon is happy when all Palestinians would be annihilated. Sure, many Israeli and Palestinians hate each other, and both have enough reasons to do so, but that hate alone isn't enough. They also are realistic enough that neither one of them will leave the region. But you will have to trust each other a bit. Saying the Palestinians never want peace is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Back in 1988 Arafat stated that they do want peace on the base of resolution 242. Now you may not believe him, but you have no proof for not believing him (remembering that Israel so far never complied with the demands of resolution 242) and as I stated before will only lead to more violence

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik
Old 04-09-2002, 12:17 PM   #30
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Quote:
Now you may not believe him, but you have no proof for not believing him (remembering that Israel so far never complied with the demands of resolution 242) and as I stated before will only lead to more violence

No Proof?.. I haven't got the time to compile a list of articles with information, but just a few years ago, with the Peace Convention.. (I forget the name).. but anyways, Arafat was practically offered the world, everything that a man with the intention of peaceful living would desire, and he turned it down.

L.Unplugged