"a new ideology of evil"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man," he writes.

I've never liked that man. And that comment doesn't make me like him any more.

He may be a wonderful humanitarian, but he's also taken the Catholic Church back three steps. I also think he handled the child molestation badly. Come to think of it this is very "if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man," he writes."

Scarletwine said:
He may be a wonderful humanitarian, but he's also taken the Catholic Church back three steps. I also think he handled the child molestation badly. Come to think of it this is very "if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man," he writes."
Good point:up:

What a pile of poo. I do respect the Pope for the good work he's done, but that doesn't excuse this type of bigoted nonsense. It's a shame really.

I'm convinced that the next Messiah will be a black lesbian. I'm being serious. Can you imagine the Catholic reaction to that? There's so much bigotry in organised religion (as a whole) - I reckon Christianity would collapse in horror.

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
I'm convinced that the next Messiah will be a black lesbian. I'm being serious. Can you imagine the Catholic reaction to that? There's so much bigotry in organised religion (as a whole) - I reckon Christianity would collapse in horror.

LOL! I went to a Catholic HS, and my senior year, we had to write a paper on what we thought Jesus would be in the Second Coming. I said Jesus would be a black lesbian who would get the electric chair for a crime "she" didn't commit. The reasoning being, of course, that the original Jesus defied all conventional expectations of the Pharisees, who were expecting a warrior Messiah that didn't come. With modern Christians expecting a warrior Messiah, I think little has changed.

My religion teacher knew my train of thought, so I didn't get in trouble. I was the "enfant terrible." :sexywink:

Melon

melon said:

LOL! I went to a Catholic HS, and my senior year, we had to write a paper on what we thought Jesus would be in the Second Coming. I said Jesus would be a black lesbian who would get the electric chair for a crime "she" didn't commit. The reasoning being, of course, that the original Jesus defied all conventional expectations of the Pharisees, who were expecting a warrior Messiah that didn't come. With modern Christians expecting a warrior Messiah, I think little has changed.

My religion teacher knew my train of thought, so I didn't get in trouble. I was the "enfant terrible." :sexywink:

Melon

Finally! Someone who thinks in a similar way to me! :ohmy:
I therefore assume you are as insane as I am and order you to go back to your padded cell. :lol::wink:

Does anyone else think it's HILARIOUS when the pope is speaking in english but they have subtitles anyways. I don't now why but i always thought that was soooo funny.

Um hello? The Bible condemns homosexuality!

If you're not a Christian, then that's fine, but if you are, I don't see what your argument is.

FullonEdge2 said:
Um hello? The Bible condemns homosexuality!

If you're not a Christian, then that's fine, but if you are, I don't see what your argument is.

Um hello? I am a Christian and I do not believe it is condemned nor do many other Christians.

Oh, and I don't mean to offend anyone either. Just because you're a homosexual doesn't mean you should be the victim of hate. I just don't think the pope should be criticized for explaining something straight out of the guidebook.

Dreadsox said:

Um hello? I am a Christian and I do not believe it is condemned nor do many other Christians.

Right. I just don't get that though. Are you saying you don't think the Bible condemns it? Or are you saying that some things in the Bible are outdated and no longer relevant?

FullonEdge2 said:

Right. I just don't get that though. Are you saying you don't think the Bible condemns it? Or are you saying that some things in the Bible are outdated and no longer relevant?

I do not believe the Bible condemns it. I do not believe it is "evil".

Do you follow the exact letter of the law in leviticus?

Right...and you live up to the letter of the law in leviticus?

Am I perfect? no.

If you're saying I'm a hypocrite because I don't live up to the law and homosexuals don't either, you're right. Because then, all Christians are hypocrites. However, that doesn't give homosexuals the freedom to commit adultery. As long as they repent, it should all be good.

FullonEdge2 said:
Well yes, it's condemned in Leviticus, and Paul mentions it too.

As for Paul, you are certain he is referrring to homosexuality and not the practice of forcing young boys into male prostitution in the temples, a common practice in Roman times?

I mean repent of the action. They may have a natural tendency to be gay, but the action is a sin just like any other sin.

FullonEdge2 said:
Am I perfect? no.

If you're saying I'm a hypocrite because I don't live up to the law and homosexuals don't either, you're right. Because then, all Christians are hypocrites. However, that doesn't give homosexuals the freedom to commit adultery. As long as they repent, it should all be good.

I have not said you are a hypocrite.....

You mentioned leviticus and asked me if I am saying some of the Bible is outdated. I am asking you, since you site leviticus as evidence of the condemnation of homosexuality, do you live up to the letter of the law in Leviticus? Simple question, nowhere do I call you a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Ah. So the homosexual-hating has progressed to this kind of level now? Yeesh. As a practicing Catholic, I'm rather astounded by this. Personally, I don't believe in gay marriage (however, I think some kind of civil union would be fine), but I definately think that the language used in this particular situation is a tad extreme. Especially coming from the Pope. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom