"a new ideology of evil"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:

I have not said you are a hypocrite.....

You mentioned leviticus and asked me if I am saying some of the Bible is outdated. I am asking you, since you site leviticus as evidence of the condemnation of homosexuality, do you live up to the letter of the law in Leviticus? Simple question, nowhere do I call you a hypocrite.

Oh, I assumed that's what you were getting at. No, I do not live up to the law in Leviticus.

Why don't I live up to the law? Like I said, neither I nor anyone is perfect.

Now if homosexuals have no problem with what they're doing, that's where I have a problem.

FullonEdge2 said:
Ok ok, I didn't want it to come to this:wink:

They (At least some of them) are having gay sex.

Have you been offering meat sacrifices to God? Because I am pretty sure if you are not doing it, I am going to have a problem with you.

Seriously, if you are not offering up two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, as a sin offering....

You are in violation of Leviticus.

I have a problem with that.

FullonEdge2 said:
Ok ok, I didn't want it to come to this:wink:

They (At least some of them) are having gay sex.

There is about 10-20 times more in the bible about divorce.

Therefore, anyone who divorces and remarrys is guilty of adultry and breaking one of the commandments.

So do you have as much of a problem with these people?

Anyways, back to Paul.....I asked a question....

You are certain Paul is not refering to forcing young boys into temple prostitution as was the practice in the area he was ministering?

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

Have you been offering meat sacrifices to God? Because I am pretty sure if you are not doing it, I am going to have a problem with you.

No, and I knew you were going to get at that too. This is why you can't interpret the Bible literally word for word. Otherwise, in Revelation for instance, the world would be pretty messed up like a sci-fi movie.

I believe you're referring to the section of the law that is the Hebrew ceremonial law. Because the messiah already came, that part of the law was fulfilled. Remember the account where Jesus encourages his disciples to disregard the ancient law of the sabbath day? Jesus nowhere indicates, however, that the civil law should be disregarded.

I'm tired of explaining things to bigoted heteros. If they want to live in their pseudophilosophical cave, they can do that on their own. That includes the Poop and "FullonEdge2" (and what a particularly homosexual name that is).

Frankly? I've just had it.

Melon

Last edited:
FullonEdge2 said:

No, and I knew you were going to get at that too. This is why you can't interpret the Bible literally word for word. Otherwise, in Revelation for instance, the world would be pretty messed up like a sci-fi movie.

I believe you're referring to the section of the law that is the Hebrew ceremonial law. Because the messiah already came, that part of the law was fulfilled. Remember the account where Jesus encourages his disciples to disregard the ancient law of the sabbath day? Jesus nowhere indicates, however, that the civil law should be disregarded.

So Leviticus is no longer relavent to today's society?

Do not be so smug as to assume you know where I am going.....

Apparently it is alright to throw out the pieces of Leviticus that we do not find relevant.

Dreadsox said:
Anyways, back to Paul.....I asked a question....

You are certain Paul is not refering to forcing young boys into temple prostitution as was the practice in the area he was ministering?

Well, the last time I read it, the language was pretty specific. Could you please explain your reasoning?

FullonEdge2 said:

Well, the last time I read it, the language was pretty specific. Could you please explain your reasoning?

Certainly.

The passage in its original form did not use a word/words that was translated to mean homosexual. It was a word generally associated with young boys and forced sex.

melon said:
I'm tired of explaining things to bigoted heteros. If they want to live in their pseudophilosophical cave, they can do that on their own. That includes the Poop and "FullonEdge2" (and what a particularly homosexual name that is).

Frankly? I've just had it.

Melon

What? I have no idea what you are talking about. Please explain, and how is my name homosexual?

FullonEdge2 said:
What? I have no idea what you are talking about. Please explain, and how is my name homosexual?

What? You don't know? :wink:

"Full on Edge" sounds like you want to "bump and grind" a certain U2 member.

You homo, you.

Melon

Dreadsox said:

So Leviticus is no longer relavent to today's society?

Do not be so smug as to assume you know where I am going.....

Apparently it is alright to throw out the pieces of Leviticus that we do not find relevant.

Hey, I do not claim to know everything in the Bible. It's just natural to question what and what is not relevant in books like Leviticus.

melon said:

You homo, you.

Melon

I have a problem with that!

Dreadsox said:

Certainly.

The passage in its original form did not use a word/words that was translated to mean homosexual. It was a word generally associated with young boys and forced sex.

Really? in the Greek? That is interesting, and I'll ask some Greek expert I know about that.

FullonEdge2 said:

Hey, I do not claim to know everything in the Bible. It's just natural to question what and what is not relevant in books like Leviticus.

It's just not allowable to question the part about homosexuality? Why?

It's easier to throw out sacraficing birds.....because it seems silly to us today?

....those homosexuals, clearly in Leviticus it says.....

melon said:

You homo, you.

Melon

ok, like a second ago it seemed like you were genuinely offended about something. Now it appears you're just resorting to making fun of my name. It's hilarious, isn't it?:wink:

Actually, FullonEdge was inspired by interference Jim's account of what he heard in the studio before the album was released. He said it sounded like full on Edge. Do you follow?

Dreadsox said:
I have a problem with that!

Oh but I can cite 10 million Bible passages giving me the authority to say that, while I ignore all the passages on divorce and "Judge not, lest ye be judged," "He who is without sin, cast the first stone," and:

"Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you shall not steal; you shall not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this saying, (namely) "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is the fulfillment of the law." -- Romans 13:8-10

Of course, St. Paul was probably high on the hashish, so we clearly must ignore the fact that he clearly and explicitly repeals all laws in the Bible, except Jesus' commandment to "love one another."

So it is YOU that has the problem! Repent or God will smite you! Because I said so!

Melon

FullonEdge2 said:
ok, like a second ago it seemed like you were genuinely offended about something. Now it appears you're just resorting to making fun of my name. It's hilarious, isn't it? :wink:

Oh I'm genuinely offended. Your name is the least of my worries.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom