"a new ideology of evil"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZeroDude said:
To Melon

I'm sorry but your coming across as an arrogant person yourself and when you make arguements your points don't seem to be greatly validated by describing the situation as the Poop spouting shit. It seems to me ridiculous that we're in my opinion turning the tables on the world religions and judging them from the outside and at this we'll end up like them contradictory and foolish, it's all a bit of a vicious circle really and I'd like to have everyone at peace but we'll stop ourselves so it seems

I'm not judging the Catholic Church from the outside. I'm "judging" it as a lifelong and highly educated Catholic with 13 years of Catholic education and a lot of knowledge about Catholic history, Biblical canon history, and Catholic "tradition" history. And looking all that, why is it that "liberal Christians" always have to step back and concede their belief systems to "make peace," when conservative assholes like the Poop have no problem saying whatever hateful things he wants? Maybe it's about time that the conservatives stop spouting hatred and make peace with liberals for the sake of unity themselves.

If you want to call me "arrogant," go right ahead. I've been called worse things.

Melon

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
I'm not following this love and support of the pope here. What the hell is so grand about him perpetuating division and hatred toward homosexuals? People have mentioned his good deeds. Well boo fucking hoo. He's the bloody pope, you'd hope that SOME of the basic principles of God and love and all that caper would have sunk through his thick skull. No one is here to argue or discuss what good he does, it's the bad. Is he essentially a good man? You know, I doubt it, but I dont know him so any response is not with certainty, but I do doubt it. I dont think it is a great or good person who believes so fully in keeping gay rights off the agenda. I think it is actually pretty fucking appalling. Too bad the person we are discussing happens to be the head of the Catholic Church. And him being sick is too bad, it doesn't exonerate him.

Well said.

I just want to say as a practicing Catholic I don't mind people criticizing the pope for this. American Catholics are notoriously independent, which is why hell will freeze over before there's an American Pope. I wish the Pope were not saying these things. I already felt lke it was "open season" on gays, what with this idiot in my own state wanting to ban gay books. Now they're getting this sort of support from the spiritual head of the Catholic Church. I'm not going to quit the church over this, but I do not like this, and neither do many other U.S. Catholics as well as Catholics all over the globe.

Last edited:
I agree...I don't care how high a position a person holds in the religious world, if they say something I disagree with, I'm going to disagree, and let it be known that I disagree. They're still entitled to their views, but I don't have to like their views.

I've personally never really understood the big deal people make over the Pope, either-maybe it's 'cause I'm not Catholic (although as proven in this thread, there are Catholics who disagree with the Pope as is)-but he's a human being just like the rest of us, why should his views hold so much more weight over anyone else's?

Angela

For the curious, this is a site that explains the basis of traditional Catholic teaching on papal authority.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/primacy_of_peter.html#tradition_III

I should point out that this site was put together by a very conservative Catholic, a minority in the U.S. Catholic community. He at one point wanted to become a Franciscan monk, but changed his mind because he wants to have a family.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Interesting that the sooner the Vatican releases its latest verbal assualt on homosexuals, the Pope falls ill a day afterwards....

Maybe God is trying to tell us something.

that was a joke, right?

Oh, I forgot to mention that for the Scriptural references you'll need to scroll up to the top of that page. I don't know why it screwed up my cut and paste on that.

drhark said:

that was a joke, right?

why, it does not fit your belief system?

the pope claims god's hand was on the assassin that shot him to make the bullets be non-lethal

too bad God didn't give a little more of a shove
to miss the pope completely

financeguy said:
Interesting that the sooner the Vatican releases its latest verbal assualt on homosexuals, the Pope falls ill a day afterwards....

Maybe God is trying to tell us something.

Yes. Just like he punished the thousands of people in the East with the tsunami. Brilliant deduction. :|

Honestly, I can hardly believe some of the comments I see on here sometimes.

i wish this pope would just retire... i am not a christian but i think he is a bit too old to be a spiritual leader anymore.

where's the soul, jean paul?

XHendrix24 said:

Honestly, I can hardly believe some of the comments I see on here sometimes.

it is amazing what some people claim

John Paul recalled his belief that the bullet was steered away from vital organs by divine intervention - which he has credited to the Virgin Mary of Fatima. Three shepherd children say the Virgin Mary appeared to them in Fatima, Portugal, in 1917 and made several predictions. Church officials said in 2000 that one of them foretold the assassination attempt on John Paul.

"Agca knew how to shoot and he shot with confidence, with perfection. But it was just as if someone guided this bullet," the pope said.

i dont really think there is a need for a pope. papacy is obsolute. i say get rid of the vatican and make it a theme park. or a museum, for that matter. maybe john paul should be the last pope. i seriously see no point in religious leadership. :|

Back
Top Bottom