a new candidate for president...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should amend the consitution so that William Shatner can run against him.

The dramatic pauses in the debates would be worth it.

I has actually heard elsewhere that this was indeed a fake website.

Still an entertaining thought, though. I'd love to be able to say that the first president I ever voted for was President Walken. :wink:

from defamer

"We find it hard to believe that anyone thought that Christopher Walken was actually planning a presidential run in 2008 (it seemed so obvious that we merely tossed it into the end-of-day links last week), but here come the official denials:

Walken’s representatives say they aren’t sure who masterminded the website but speculate that it might have been prompted by Walken’s latest film, “Wedding Crashers,” a hit comedy starring Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. In it, Walken plays the U.S. secretary of the Treasury.

“The person who put this together was just trying it as a hoax, I presume,” said Mara Buxbaum, Walken’s publicist. “My take on it is it sounds like the person who put this on the Web took his role … in ‘Wedding Crashers’ too seriously and now wants him to run for the presidency.” […]

Walken’s agent, Toni Howard of International Creative Management, scoffed at the notion of Walken running for office.

“I don’t know where they got it,” Howard said. “That’s like saying Tim Robbins is running on the Republican ticket. [Walken] is the least political guy I know.”

The very notion was more than ridiculous from the start—perhaps even more absurd than lefty Robbins hooking up with the GOP. How could Walken possibly devote the time necessary to launch an effective presidential campaign while he’s busy drafting the Iraqi constitution? Organizing the principles of freedom is a full-time job. "

nbcrusader said:

When they couldn't get to their munchies???

Nah, when people with the munchies are deprived of their snack foods the normal response is either:
a) complain loudly "awww man, we're all out of pizza/chocolate/crisps/haribo star mix" but lacking the motivation to do anything about said lack of food stuffs, decide instead to simply roll another spliff in an attempt to smoke through the munchies.
b) wander aimlessly around town wondering why none of the grocery stores are open, before realising it's 2am and there's no 24 hour store in town. complain loudly before deciding to return home and roll another spliff in order to alleviate the disappointment of a wasted journey.
c) wander around town until coming across a 24 hour store, enter said 24 store and exclaim loudly "man, it's bright in here" before purchasing £17.86 worth of assorted sweets and snack foods, much to the amusement of the cashiers who are only too familiar with this behaviour. return home and roll a well-earned spliff while consuming snack foods.

Sorry, Christopher, your cool, but Hillary is a rock star, ...and she gets my vote

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Nah, when people with the munchies are deprived of their snack foods the normal response is either:
a) complain loudly "awww man, we're all out of pizza/chocolate/crisps/haribo star mix" but lacking the motivation to do anything about said lack of food stuffs, decide instead to simply roll another spliff in an attempt to smoke through the munchies.
b) wander aimlessly around town wondering why none of the grocery stores are open, before realising it's 2am and there's no 24 hour store in town. complain loudly before deciding to return home and roll another spliff in order to alleviate the disappointment of a wasted journey.
c) wander around town until coming across a 24 hour store, enter said 24 store and exclaim loudly "man, it's bright in here" before purchasing £17.86 worth of assorted sweets and snack foods, much to the amusement of the cashiers who are only too familiar with this behaviour. return home and roll a well-earned spliff while consuming snack foods.

this all sounds so familiar ... did we know each other when i wandered aimlessly through the UK for a few months back in early 2002?

;)

A_Wanderer said:
They should amend the consitution so that William Shatner can run against him.

The dramatic pauses in the debates would be worth it.

LOL oh man that would be so hilarious. I'd vote for him and actually look forward to the speeches.

Back
Top Bottom