A Message of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Reconciliation

It would seem that apart from the obvious fact that few people are on the forum the election and its associated crazyness both good and bad is over, for many it is a time of acceptance and self-reflection and for others unrestrained anger, but the important thing is that it is over and right now it is almost the longest possibile time before the next one, who will know what will happen in the world over the next four years how many lives saved and lost, however many triumphs or defeats it will not change one thing, the wheel will keep turning and life will go on.

So let me invite all regulars and newbies alike to come together in the kinder spirit of FYM to reconcile our differences together in the name of proper debate, mutual respect and tollerance. We may disagree on some issues, we may try to argue the point, we may sometimes say things that we regret - but we have more in common than what divides us, I think that FYM can become a better place without the spectre of partisan hackery hanging over all of our heads. Any forum is only as good as the sum of it's parts, I am honoured to be able to discuss issues in a free and open manner with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, this is the finest political forum on the internet and your being able to disagree with me on the matter is why. So peace out as I leave you with a most wonderful quote given at American University that I feel holds a supreme relevance today.

"What kind of peace do we seek? I am talking about a genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living. Not merely peace in our time, but peace in all time. Our problems are man-made, therefore they can be solved by man. For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breath the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal." - US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

bluemarble.jpg

p.s. U2Democrat you had better hang around here, I am sure that you can run a sexy Barack Obama thread for the next few years :wink:

Last edited:
a wanderer - ive noticed that you have consistently been the voice of reason around here. I read alot you say and you have alot of insight ...some things I dont read because its just a mindf*ck and Im tired.
you deserve recognition for that.
thanks man

ps- even though your an athiest , there is spirituality in some of the things you say

Last edited:
Me a voice of reason, the standards here must really be dropping :wink:

Well I hope that I never become a spiritual atheist (an idiot who knows that they are right and all relgion is evil because it just is) -- good wisdom is good wisdom, doesn't really matter who is handing it out so I shall plagarise all the best bits that I pick up along the road.

Now that the election is over I am just enjoying a decent and civil conversation on FYM, and it feels so good.

plagerise away - but its not if your giving credit where credit is due

thumbs up to you my altruistic friend.

spiritual athiest?...I think ive heard of that before...sounds kind of like an oxy moron. ah well

the election over here was more like an NFL game- the only thing missing was the beer and the hopefulness when someone chooses a side. Im glad its over

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom