a loving God and the Tsunami - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2005, 10:13 PM   #211
War Child

Local Time: 09:27 AM
When a butterfly flaps its wings in Madagascar it has an effect on what happens here in Chicago. When something is dropped in the ocean it has an effect some thousands of miles away. Everything we do as humans has an effect somewhere else. Nothing is completely "natural".

What we've done to this earth over the millions of years effected and caused this occurrence. God gave us free will therefore whatever happens here is our doing.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:19 AM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:27 AM
So let me see if I understand this.....

America caused the earthquake because of consumerism and Global warming?

Who do we blame for earthquakes thousands of years ago? Just want to make sure I am up on things.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:54 AM   #213
War Child

Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
So let me see if I understand this.....

America caused the earthquake because of consumerism and Global warming?

Who do we blame for earthquakes thousands of years ago? Just want to make sure I am up on things.
Was this in response to my post? I never singled out America.

But we could probably blame farting dinosaurs for earthquakes a long time ago.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:28 AM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:27 PM

There's a lot of truth in mystery girl's post, but it has little or nothing to do with earth- and seaquakes.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:46 AM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:27 PM
I blame a hell of alot of bad things on greed and consumerism, but earthquakes aren't one of them.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #216
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America

Was this in response to my post? I never singled out America.

But we could probably blame farting dinosaurs for earthquakes a long time ago.
No it was a combination of posts....
Old 01-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Vertigoing
@babyman: I was trying to say that maria wasn't poor at all it's just a story that the leaders in that time made up because they were afraid for Maria and Jesus......
Maria is from the house of Benjamin she's from royal source ......have you looked to the pedigree of Benjamin?

and Jesus was a jewish.....he's from the pedigree of king David and king Salomon both jewish kings.......
Yahweh is hebrews for God what kind of language does the jewish have....maybe it could be hebrew????

yes, you're right about what Jesus was doing here on earth but the bible says Jesus is a human being with "superpowers" while in the lost documents they've retrieved Jesus just was a human being just like you and me without "powers"

I know Durante 'Dante' Alighieri(Divina Commedia; the journey between hell-purgatory and heaven) and he's right politic and religy doesn't match but they always will have to do with each other just look to all the wars fighted because of different religy

I also know the acopalypse my granddad used to be a priest.......
and I believe one day earth will dissappear when I don't know nobody knows that......but I think it's when the humankind destroyed earth that much they're going to die.......all the poisoned air, nucleair weapons, cutting from rainforests etc.

you're right when saying that trusting the bible is a matter of believing....you trust in the bible when you want but hey can somebody tell me how you can trust the bible while it's put together by a roman emporior and not only roman also one who was a heathen emporior(Constantin) how weird is that????
and to come back up that human being thing.....they've(the leaders in that time among Constantin) declared Jesus to a holy just 300AC before that they wouldn't have thought of that....but they did this because Constantin was a excellent emporior he saw that the the popularity of Jesus was growing and so he thought why don't we make profit of that......and don't say Constantin was a catholic because he wasn't.....he got baptised just before his dead if he was a catholic then it seems more logical that he's baptised much earlier....

don't blame me now for what I'm saying now I just ask you to forgot the bible and just ask yourself a few questions, just for a moment and try to find the answers to that question in history books then you can back to what the bible says:
who says Jesus is the son of God????? a lot of people(not me) also very, very famous people say that Jesus just was a human being not the son of God.........
other question is how accurate is the bible and how accurate is history?? is it true or is it invented?? I'm sure many passages are happen I'm also sure many things are invented.....
who says there's a God??? maybe the earth has begun with the evolution theory??
this and many other questions I haven't find an answer just like millions other people but I'm still searching for my explanation.......

I don't there's a God but at all I don't believe there isn't a God it sounds strange but I'm still on my journey to God and I'm asking your comments on these questions
yeah, that might take confusion, and maybe that's exactly what the church was trying to do in that times. i say you just this, only the bible which recognises the name of god is the right bible, there you can have all your questions clear. constantin and many popes have cancelled lots of important parts of the bible through the history, for a question of power, but mainly to move people away from the truth. believe me, if i'd have to tell you something about church's tricks it would take too long, and maybe someone would get offended, and i don't want this at all. take a bible of jehova's witnesses when you got some spare time, maybe try to let teach you something. search the right word, you find the right answers. nothing is invented, all the things written in the bible (real bible) are really happened. but you don't need me to tell it to you, i've given you an advice, if you want answers search them, in the right places, as you see there's a labyrinth out there. fill your heart with belief, and if searching and knowing god means to change some of your point of views, or some of your ways of live, do it, there's no one luckier in this world as the ones who got god's approval

ps. congrats for knowing dante!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #218
The Fly

Local Time: 03:27 PM
God allowed this to happen to test us to see if we stay strong. God designed us to overcome trials and strongholds.

anyways its all how you look on death. is death an end and a travisty, or a new beginning?
Old 01-08-2005, 08:00 AM   #219
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Then he is a cruel God. Reducing those souls, 150,000 odd of them to pawns, in a test.
Another reason why Christianity is a revolting concept.

And one more claim of knowing God's will.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:05 AM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:27 PM
we're no test dummies, we're people gifted with reason
Old 01-08-2005, 08:06 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by BestDrummer
God allowed this to happen to test us to see if we stay strong. God designed us to overcome trials and strongholds.

anyways its all how you look on death. is death an end and a travisty, or a new beginning?
oh for gods sake.

do you have any idea at all about the concept of compassion and sensitivity???

Old 01-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #222
ONE
love, blood, life

Welcome to thousands of years ago
Old 01-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by BestDrummer
travisty
is that the band that sang 'why does it always rain on me?

Old 01-08-2005, 08:20 AM   #224
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Another reason why Christianity is a revolting concept.
Another reason to hate generalizations......

A majority of the Christians in here have not agreed with this.....

But make your generalization....
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #225
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Jesus would have liked that song bammers.
He'd have hummed it while fishing and the like.