A little talk about Christianity - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-17-2002, 04:24 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:24 AM

wow basstrap, i really REALLY like what you're saying, just thought i'd share that with you.

rono, you need to take several key items into play here.

1. he's american.

religion here is not the same as anywhere else in the world. the attitude that people carry IS different and i think that people approach religion/God in the same way. it's like a 'deal with it later/find someone else to deal with it later/i can change this to fit me better' kind of attitude. it's hard to explain the american attitude...it always makes us look terrible...probably because a lot of americans are self-centered and--nevermind, this is going nowhere. but my point is that his attitude toward Christianity is going to be different than someone say living in the netherlands (which is not, by any means intended to defend what he's saying, just offering perspective).

2. he's a politician.

these people get paid to bend the truth to justify what they're doing.

3. just wondering, was it rumsfeld? sorta sounds like him...

Old 06-18-2002, 03:21 AM   #17
Jesus Online
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Yeah thanks Basstrap for your reply, much appreciated.

I hope you weren't getting the wrong impression with my last question. I dont like it either, but I hate the answers it gets even more sometimes. Thats part of the reason why I'm not just non religious, but maybe even anti religious. I am not comfortable with rules of faith or belief being dicatated in a way where there is a right and wrong way. It is something so based on personal choice, and when you apply the pomp and ceremony of many organised religions you suddenly find there are rules to obey, certain norms, ways of approaching things. I dont personally see any evidence to back any of that kind of caper up. To me it is all about faith, and faith is just that. It isnt necessarily based on fact or evidence, merely what basket you choose to put your eggs in so to speak.
I guess for me, i'm hesitant to define my views too clearly for fear of finding they match a particular organised religion and then be told "hang on you're stuffing it up and doing wrong because what you entirely believe in falls short here, here and here" [insert examples here].

I dunno. Its hard to explain, lol.

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>