A good example of a defining moment of Unity???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
From Dallas Texas in the heart on 11/25/01, during 'SBS', a guy gets next to me along the heartwalk and holds up a big Irish flag to Bono who was standing directly over us. The flag was so big it covered the guys face and he couldn't see outside of it, so I held up the other part of it so we could strech it out to full size. This flag was only one of many Irish and American flags being held up at the moment.

And sure enough, Bono made his way back to us and looked directly at us and the flag for what seemed like an eternity. He then mumbled something at us and the flag, shook his head, and grabbed an American flag from the crowd a few feet away from us. This all happened while No Doubt was watching from behind us, and LikeO2 next to me as well as some other interferencers.

The irony is the american holding up the irish flag to the irish in support of them, while the irish grabbed and held up the american flag in support of us.

I think we could all learn something from this, we all are the same deep down. Even your mortal enemy can have a broken heart or a wounded soul, so why should we even have enimies.

i think this is one of the best posts i've read here and i agree with you completely.

thanks.
smile.gif

DAMNIT Z!!!!
mad.gif

You post something so great like that right before I leave! Now I'm REALLY gonna miss this place. You better e-mail me if you post anything like that again in the next several weeks!!!

And you're right, that was an awesome moment and a beautiful way you described it! Thanks for sharing it with everyone else!

Back
Top Bottom