A gold medal in propaganda for Greece - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 08-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:13 PM
The IOC's politics are inconsistently applied.

And can we get past the "you are calling all [fill in country name] people [fill in bad attribute]" arguements. It is clearly not the point of the thread or is an issue being presented.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:11 PM   #47
Jesus Online
Local Time: 10:13 AM
Sure we can. As soon as folk stop doing just that,

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 08-21-2004, 07:13 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:13 AM
In a world where libie is became a friend overnight, i have no problems with a palestine sportsman. I can not remember that the olympics where non political anyway.

If someone feel the need to generalize a whole groep of people this way , i only can say, viva palestine, there is no better way than sports to get your country be noticed. It is better than bombing nuclair plants, refugee camps and building walls.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:10 AM   #49
love, blood, life
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Israel really should have let Saddam have nuclear weapons, give homocide bombers free reign to bring death to civilians and as for the bombing of refugee camps - may you please cite incident and evidence.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #50
love, blood, life
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Originally posted by anitram
Some holy land that is, holding the rest of the world hostage in a way. How different do you think the world would be if that piece of land did not exist or if there was no claim to it by either side? Sometimes I really, really wish that was the case.
I really do believe that the true victor in the "Holy Lands" will be the side that gives them up. The side that decides that the lives of children and the safety of future generations are more important than any piece of land, and is willing to enter real negotiations about a sharing of the land, will be the side that is rewarded in the end--that is, the *real* end, the end of all ends.

Catholics in particular have always emphasized that the greatest victory of all--the victory of Christ over death--was only gained by the greatest loss of all--Christ's death itself. I think there's something to be learned from that, applicable to this situation.

(Sorry to resurrect the thread. I was on vacation, and I like this idea of the Holy Lands as no longer holy, until someone decides that there are things more holy than lands.)
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:28 AM   #51
Local Time: 11:13 PM
I would like to thank everyone here for expressing their opinions to this thread. It is such a joy to be able to engage in an open debate with so many ppl with so many diverse opinions.

Thank you all - it is greatly appreciated.

And again.....I apologize for my sweeping generalization of the Palestinians as a whole. It was unfair of me to do that and I deeply apologize.