A gift for a wounded soldier.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the US government and the US taxpayer pay for this.

It's their war and their choice.

Last edited:
As a matter of interest - isn't soliciting for donations against the forum rules?

Perhaps a moderator could review this thread?

Thanks in advance.

Another point I would make is that it's typical of the neo-con pricks not to provide the money to even finance proper medical support for their lackeys and to rely on private donations to fill the gap.

Let Bush and his rich bastard friends foot the bill, it's nothing to do with us.

Utterly and truly disgusting.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
As a matter of interest - isn't soliciting for donations against the forum rules?

Perhaps a moderator could review this thread?

Thanks in advance.

Another point I would make is that it's typical of the neo-con pricks not to provide the money to even finance proper medical support for their lackeys and to rely on private donations to fill the gap.

Let Bush and his rich bastard friends foot the bill, it's nothing to do with us.

Utterly and truly disgusting.

A mod might correct me, but if it's soliciting for personal gain, then yes you'd be right. However, people frequently post links to charities and other organisations of interest with no gain to their selves.

The only real thing I could somewhat agree to on your view is that this would be like me posting a link to a Legacy organisation asking for overseas folk to help the legatees.
:slant:
But that said, I assume it is how Dread feels and in which case, I can only say I understand. Screw the politics though, financeguy. Sometimes it is not about that at all and we need to stop going into everything ready to fight and argue.

:sigh:

Oh I am sure that the next time someone posts a link for AIDS or AFRICA that asks for donatations.....

Financeguy will be consistent and ask for it to be closed.

I do not think it is about the issues.....at all....I think you can 100% watch from the sidelines and see who is targeting who in here.

My 2 Cents.

This got moved because the word soldier is in the title?

Dreadsox said:

:reject:

I am jealous of your breast thread...I admit it.

:lol:

At first I thought it said "jealous of your breasts" :wink: no need to be jealous of those, that's for sure

I guess that's why it was moved :shrug:

anyway, sorry..back to the subject

The thread was moved because it's about Iraq and threads about Iraq are to be posted in the War sub-forum.

I'm also going to lock this thread temporarily as I'm not absolutely certain of the policy with regard to soliciting donations and so I'm waiting for one of the other mods to clarify. In the mean time I'd like to avoid this thread ending up in another squabble so it will be temporarily locked until I can clarify the situation and explain the site policy on this issue.

Hope that's okay with you all. I can assure you that the thread will be re-opened ASAP.

*Fizz.

Hi everyone,

I've now had chance to clarify the site policy on this subject and I'll attempt to explain it here. The policy is that if you wish to advertise a charity the appropriate way to do so is through placing a text link in your signature. Starting threads encouraging people to donate to a charity of your choice isn't permitted.

With regard to events such as the tsunami or Hurricane Katrina, sometimes a decision will be taken to place a message on the forum encouraging posters to make a donation to a charity. However, this is a decision taken by the owner and administrators of the site and should not be taken to mean that it's acceptable for any posters to advertise other charities of their choice.

I hope this explanation is clear, if not then please feel free to PM or email me (fizzingwhizzbees@interference.com) and I'll be happy to respond to any questions or comments you may have.

Thanks,
*Fizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom