A Conspiracy Too Monstrous To Conceive...Or...Was Wright Right???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/aids_manufactured.htm

Now I know this isn't hot of the presses...in fact most of us have heard all these theories before - most have dismissed them while some have held to these beliefs since the beginning. I myself have never known the truth but have always been suspicious at certian elements of the Government...suspicious enough to keep going back to these articles and wondering to myself if there are some truths to be realised. I'm still not convinced either way.
Was it just a co-incidence that when AIDS first burst upon the scene it was primarily Africans, African Americans and Gay men???
Why are the caualties in Africa SO GODDAMN HIGH compared with the rest of the world...or are they???? Could the Nazi scientists that the U.S. Government put on the payroll after World War II (as well as many American born racist scientists) come up with something like this...certainly they could given thier beliefs on race. I don't know about you but these seem to be questions worth investigating. Are all these people who think the Government had a hand in the Aids epedemic crazy??? Or is there some truth to what they say??? Hard to tell.

Last edited:
Wright may have been on to something. :shrug:

Perhaps Obama and his supporters need to get behind this
and get the information out.

or
do we just throw Wright under the bus?

I know it's hard to always get a good "read" on someone via their online communications, but I have to say that Mr. Vest, I get nothing but a high level of histrionics from your posts lately, and it makes me weary just reading them.

Harry Vest said:
Was it just a co-incidence that when AIDS first burst upon the scene it was primarily Africans, African Americans and Gay men???

Yes. HIV is a mutated form of SIV, a retrovirus found in African primates. It is thought that HIV mutated through regular human contact with SIV through these Africans' contact with SIV-infected blood through bushmeat hunting. It is scientifically little different than the current evolution of the avian flu virus, H5N1, which is mutating through regular close contact with poultry and the viruses that they are inevitably going to carry. After all, we are exposed to harmless viruses regularly, and it is a matter of science that there is always a possibility that these otherwise harmless viruses could mutate into something virulent.

In terms of these three groups being seen as having a higher incidence, well, first off, since it originated in Africa, we're going to see a higher percentage of infected Africans, just as one would expect to see a higher percentage of Asians infected with H5N1, since that is where the virus is from.

As for the rest, much of that is merely a matter of coincidence. Infectious HIV, while recognized in 1981, is thought to have existed at least since 1959, as it coincided with a rise in deaths of then-rare illnesses now known to be hallmarks of HIV opportunistic infection. Although health authorities first became conscious of HIV/AIDS when it was discovered in the gay population--hence, they coined the disease GRID (Gay Related Immune Deficiency) in 1981--they very quickly realized that over half of the infected individuals were not gay at all, which is why they renamed it AIDS in 1982.

Why it clustered around certain demographics is merely a matter of coincidence, in the end. Because we're dealing with fairly endogenous social groups of people here--foreign immigrants, hemophiliacs, IV drug users, homosexuals--it is not all that unexpected that these closed groups of people were going to see higher rates of infection than the larger population.

A 2007 study has come to the conclusion that HIV originated from Africa and then entered the U.S. via Haiti in 1969. With the 12 year gap between then and 1981, when it was discovered, many people were infected and died without ever knowing they had it.

Re: Re: A Conspiracy Too Monstrous To Conceive...Or...Was Wright Right???

melon said:

Yes. HIV is a mutated form of SIV, a retrovirus found in African primates. It is thought that HIV mutated through regular human contact with SIV through these Africans' contact with SIV-infected blood through bushmeat hunting. It is scientifically little different than the current evolution of the avian flu virus, H5N1, which is mutating through regular close contact with poultry and the viruses that they are inevitably going to carry. After all, we are exposed to harmless viruses regularly, and it is a matter of science that there is always a possibility that these otherwise harmless viruses could mutate into something virulent.

In terms of these three groups being seen as having a higher incidence, well, first off, since it originated in Africa, we're going to see a higher percentage of infected Africans, just as one would expect to see a higher percentage of Asians infected with H5N1, since that is where the virus is from.

As for the rest, much of that is merely a matter of coincidence. Infectious HIV, while recognized in 1981, is thought to have existed at least since 1959, as it coincided with a rise in deaths of then-rare illnesses now known to be hallmarks of HIV opportunistic infection. Although health authorities first became conscious of HIV/AIDS when it was discovered in the gay population--hence, they coined the disease GRID (Gay Related Immune Deficiency) in 1981--they very quickly realized that over half of the infected individuals were not gay at all, which is why they renamed it AIDS in 1982.

Why it clustered around certain demographics is merely a matter of coincidence, in the end. Because we're dealing with fairly endogenous social groups of people here--foreign immigrants, hemophiliacs, IV drug users, homosexuals--it is not all that unexpected that these closed groups of people were going to see higher rates of infection than the larger population.

A 2007 study has come to the conclusion that HIV originated from Africa and then entered the U.S. via Haiti in 1969. With the 12 year gap between then and 1981, when it was discovered, many people were infected and died without ever knowing they had it.

Thank you very much! Saved my having to make a longer post. Of course the government could not manufacture something like this, it is not like the plague it is only transmitted through intimate contact or needle injections. People are so naive to think crazy things like this. It is a few nuts like Wright who perpetuate this craziness and it is my personal opinion that equating anyone, the govt, police, what have you, to Nazis just shows how uninformed the person is.

Good explanation of demographic groups. May I suggest one more: education on and access to means of contraception is much lower among African Americans as they are poorer, in general. This leads to transmission where it would otherwise not occur. Drug users, especially hard core users who put needles in their arms, are not very likely to be coherent enough/care enough to make sure the needle is clean, all they are focused on is their next high. Even with well intentioned and effective needle exchange programs, a good amount od these people fall through the cracks.

Harry Vest,

I'm glad you live in Canada and can't vote in USA's upcoming election. You are a complete idiot with no life or freedom of thought. And Deep is right behind you!!

You both are racists. Keep believing in your dreams. BTW we have a bunch of liberals here who promised to move out of the country if Bush got re-elected...can you take them off our hands? They are all washed-up actors and actresses.

FYI. I just heard that herpes was started in Canada back in 65 in order to stop sex.

Harry Vest,

I'm glad you live in Canada and can't vote in USA's upcoming election. You are a complete idiot with no life or freedom of thought. And Deep is right behind you!!

You both are racists. Keep believing in your dreams. BTW we have a bunch of liberals here who promised to move out of the country if Bush got re-elected...can you take them off our hands? They are all washed-up actors and actresses.

FYI. I just heard that herpes was started in Canada back in 65 in order to stop sex.

"You are a complete idiot with no life or freedom of thought."
How dare you make an assumption like that - you're obviously the IDIOT around here for making such a statement...something scares you and you take it out on people who dare to even question the "official" story. Thanks to Melon for at least having the balls to come up with a real answer instead of irrational comments that have nothing to do with the said subject.
"You are both racists"
I cannot speak for Deep but I can tell you I am anything but a racist - that statement just shows me how stupid you are.
"BTW we have a bunch of Liberals here who promised to move out of the country if Bush got re-elected...can you take them off our hands? They are all washed up actors and actresses."
HUH??? What kind of nincompoop statement is that??? I'm not even going to go near that one.
" I just heard Herpes was started in Canada back in 65 in order to stop sex "
Your'e right...no one has been born in Canada since 1965 when the Hepres epidemic spread across the entire country...we're all a bunch of old farts with no sex lives. CLOWN!!!

Harry Vest,

You are completely out of line.

And Harry, your response isn't any better.

Last edited:
The debate in here has really been elevated, hasn't it? :huh:

The great thing about these forums is that you can type a response, think about it, and edit it before you hit send. Even better, when you do post it, you can go back and edit it! Take some time to think about what you're saying before you hit that button, please.

The debate in here has really been elevated, hasn't it? :huh:

The great thing about these forums is that you can type a response, think about it, and edit it before you hit send. Even better, when you do post it, you can go back and edit it! Take some time to think about what you're saying before you hit that button, please.

I think I saw this post before you edited it. :giggle: U2democrat, backing her words with actions! I'm not sure if I think this is ironic or not, but it's amusing my overtired brain, and you're totally right, so :hi5:

Harry Vest,

You both are racists. Keep believing in your dreams.
How dare you make an assumption like that - you're obviously the IDIOT around here for making such a statement...something scares you and you take it out on people who dare to even question the "official" story. Thanks to Melon for at least having the balls to come up with a real answer instead of irrational comments that have nothing to do with the said subject.

I cannot speak for Deep but I can tell you I am anything but a racist - that statement just shows me how stupid you are.
Yes, you're both out of line and have both been around plenty long enough to know that personal attacks are not allowed. If you can't come up with anything better than "you're an idiot and a racist" to articulate your disagreement with a thread's premise, then don't even bother posting in it. And if someone else is personally attacking you, then report the post; responding in kind only puts you in the same category.

Uh oh...looks like the gig's up!

Not really. You just have to use the HEX color code, instead of the specifically defined colors above, which, in this case, is #7DC9F7. Nice to see that the forum upgrade has some undocumented new features in it!

Back
Top Bottom