A Believing Christian Who Thinks Christ did not exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been asking people who are much more familiar with Egyptian mythology than I am--while there are Biblical items that were taken from Egypt, no one can find a Horus myth where he was crucified between 2 thieves, nor any reference to a "KRST" in hieroglyphics.

As one of my friends pointed out, since "Christ" is a Greek word that simply means annointed, it is likely to show up somewhere in Egypt, given the Greek presence there--but it would postdate the Horus myth by some time.

It's an interesting search, anyway. I should think this stuff would be easier to find--I can't really believe in a vast Church conspiracy, cover-ups are rarely that good.

I thin people should read the book before they debunk his sources. I'm sure he went through a lot of trouble to confirm them himself before making such a decision

Basstrap said:
I thin people should read the book before they debunk his sources. I'm sure he went through a lot of trouble to confirm them himself before making such a decision

that is not the way the world works. People are inclined to tear apart something that does not conform with their world view.

Dreadsox said:

that is not the way the world works. People are inclined to tear apart something that does not conform with their world view.

:ohmy: That's awfully pessimistic and final.

Dreadsox said:

How true.

Melon

Basstrap said:

Why should I have to read the book before debunking his sources? If the evidence he's sending out to the public is solid, then it should stand up to scrutiny. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I am not a devout Christian by any means, but I am a strong believer in facts. His argument really intrigued me, so I investigated further and can find nothing. I don't see that as doing him a disservice. Granted, if I really had the time and inclination, I might be tempted to pick up his book and go further.

Questioning someone's argument and their sources, no matter what the topic, is generally a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom