A 9/11 Flight Attendant's Chilling Last Call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I've heard a few things about how those who spoke to their loved ones right before the very end were calm and some didn't even indicate there was anything wrong at all, like one man who rang his wife on I think it was the Pennsylvania flight, to tell her he loved her. I wonder if this unimaginable fear we have no understanding of, somehow put many of them in a very calm state. I don't imagine the fear would be like anything we have comprehension of so perhaps the human mind has some kind of inbuilt mechanism to somehow assist with this?
:(

Remarkable professionalism to remain that calm in face of a highjacking and the violence that took place on board before the plane hit the tower.

I salute each and every person who was on those planes that horrific day. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for them to know that they were going to die. I wonder what their last thoughts were as they saw thru the windows that they were going to crash into the tower.........

I also want to salute the late hero Todd Beemer and the rest of the brave passengers of United flight 93 who knew they were going to die but decided to cheat the terrorists and take over the plane - bringing it crashing down in pennsylvania, sacrificing their lives in order to save hundreds more.

May g-d bless them and rest their souls. May they enjoy the eternal light of g-d's presence and may their murderers suffer the eternal flames and torment of hell.

Angela Harlem said:
I wonder if this unimaginable fear we have no understanding of, somehow put many of them in a very calm state. I don't imagine the fear would be like anything we have comprehension of so perhaps the human mind has some kind of inbuilt mechanism to somehow assist with this?
:(

I think it does. There have been times when I thought I was going to die, and they were such calm moments. A lot of people I've talked to who've been in situations where they were positive they were going to die have felt the same way.

Back
Top Bottom